Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

yeah, I think this thread/war has proven that the decals included in kits as though they are doing parade for any country is long gone. What ifs all over the place.

I the case of the current conflict. The most common denominator is the “Poseidon Trident” and the blue and yellow national flag; everything else is pretty much unit-specific.

As for the Russians; as long as it has either a “Z” or a “V” or even an “O”, then whatever war graffiti the individual crews like to add to their vehicle.

…even then the photo will be called faked…

3 Likes

H.P.

4 Likes

Edited.

2 Likes

That is a very odd looking truck on the right of that photo of the M113’s- do you, or perhaps anyone else, know what it is?

1 Like

Looks like there is at 2 of them … seems to be 1 right behind it and just tucked in behind the APC

I’ve noticed it as well. The cab vaguely reminds me of a Renault Midliner fire truck one. I wonder if this could be a local body maker one. The Midliner (ex-Serie J) cab was also used by other manufacturers like Volvo or Iveco

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_of_Four

H.P.

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Work for peace, brothers! :rofl:

Thanks for that Frenchy- the shape certainly matches :beers:!

In that last photo of the guy with the drone, what is that weapon he’s holding?

Hi all
Well i loosed an interresting photo and hopes someone had save it on his hard drive and could show it here again since its link looks dead now on this topic.
I thinks it’s frenchy who shown it: an ukrainian MTLB with ZU 23 on a road. It was a front photo and the MTLB was in "pixels” camo with a large yellow fish-spear.
Hanks in advance
Stephane

I guess it probably came from Facebook. Most of the Facebook pics I’ve posted a while ago are gone now (“url expired” ) That’s why I try not to use Facebook as a source anymore…

H.P.

1 Like

Belgian Leopard 1’s that could possibly go to Ukraine,
just needs a lot of TLC

2 Likes

Yuck! Spider webs! Run away! :spider_web::spider: :scream:

1 Like

They will get the job done.
Nothing was mentioned (unless I missed it) about if he has spare parts and ammo for the vehicles.
It looks like he bought an entire tank battalion and I noticed ARVs or engineer tanks in some of the shots.
There was also a AMX 13 variant in some of shots.