Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Death Ray?

Good old tabloid Journalism.

Still, the end result was effective. Good luck finding something to bury. Probably best left as fertilizer.

Too dazed to even wonder where his next washing machine is coming from.

3 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes

In one article they said they were walking across a field with a lot of detonated mines! Unless I’m mistaken it’s been visited by a Grad or two quite a bit. On a different note, are these RPG rounds hanging off a drone? Ideal weapon to drop on an armoured vehicle from above.

2 Likes

Both the Ukrainian and Russian languages sometimes use the same word for mine and grenade/bomb.
The German word for mortar (i.e. the weapon) is ‘Minenwerfer’ which is literally mine thrower.

(Trivia: Further reading about naval mines and torpedoes

“Damn the torpedoes!” Damn the Torpedoes!)

More views of the Bradleys shipment

H.P.

5 Likes

Bringing the beer, Ukrainian style

1 Like

H.P.

6 Likes

Here’s an article about the transport:

I was thinking maybe already in shell shock from days of being pounded also.

1 Like

About 8 years ago I was heavily into building drones. Both for photography and drone racing. I have a video of me doing testing flights trying to test payload lifts.

Anyway after posting some of my stuff I had a guy in cuba ask me to build a gas powered one so he could deliver pizza’s. LOL pizza, right…

2 Likes

2 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes

I remember as a kid if you used “Crayola Green” on a kit you’d have been laughed at.

7 Likes

I think the same would happen at a contest today as well …
unless you can show photos of the real thing …

I did a double-take scrolling past this one; if you pay attention, you see that it’s just the interruption caused by the separation between the ERA blocks, but damn if that doesn’t look like a balkankreuz at first glance.

3 Likes

What this photo in particular and this entire subject in general does in my opinion is to put to rest many of the arguments regarding color, weathering(how much is too much or too little), stowage, and a whole range of other things that we as modelers have come to accept as authentic. Having said that, what Robin says still holds true,

1 Like

ummm, I say a lot …
Do what you like and back it up with photos?

There is nothing quite as satisfying as rubbing a Know-It-All’s nose in some hard evidence :grin:

3 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes