Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

In the 8 hrs since I last posted:
Uri Ukrainian has his black & white base colors done.
His new friend Petra Polonski has come to life.
Petra wanted a tac-cool weapon so he got a Short AK. Little tease on the base…

2 Likes

No medal needed Greg :wink: Your satisfaction is my best reward !

H.P.

7 Likes

If you have some time to spare, what about becoming a Ukrainian farmer for a moment :wink:

H.P.

2 Likes

H.P.

8 Likes

holy cow Frenchy, that apc looks fresh off of tge showroom floor!

They just took it for a test drive around the block and now they’ve messed up real bad …

That dealership also has a lot where they display pre-owned Russian trucks for sale:

2 Likes

Again I think it comes down to knowing what you can and can’t do with a tracked vehicle, complete lack of experience from the crew. It just looks like that has thrown a track so it’s been abandoned! Literally half an hour and another vehicle would be all it takes to get that back on.

1 Like

So we’re back to the poor training again …

Yes, in my view it’s a complete lack of knowledge and training.

1 Like

well in the case of the up turned trailer the guy on the forklift truck has been doing the job for years so i’ll put it down to dumbass syndrome :rofl:

Completely agree. And if it is (and it looks like it) just a thrown track and if they can’t fix it as a crew with maybe another Veh to act as a tow or move the track then that speaks volumes… And the shear amount of kit that’s left behind … Personal weapons, various night sight systems… It’s crazy

Always on trailers not attached to a tractor/truck?

If I where to unload a trailer I would like to know the weight of the load
on the front overhang before I start unloading.

Haha it would seem that 1043’s (issue & receipt voucher for non British Army veterans) aren’t a thing in the Russian Army. But seriously they are just leaving everything. I cannot get my head around this, equipment care is HUGE in the Army as I imagine it is in other nations forces. Looking at those pics makes my eye twitch haha.

3 Likes

When I was doing my conscript period (1985-1986) in the Swedish Army
we had to turn in loss sheets if we lost something. Even if it was a sock …

And for a significant amount of my service it was the same. Later things became more relaxed, especially in terms of uniforms etc, I suppose realistically when taking vehicles, weapons and other kit into account getting bent out of shape over lost gloves becomes a bit pointless. The kit my son is issued now makes mine look like it’s out of the flintstones.

1 Like

Wartime changes supply accountability though, especially if the item/unit comes under enemy fire. Anything can be written off as a “Combat Loss”, at least in the US Army. I assume it is the same in most modern armies.

No I agree, however what is being left is kit that could mean life or death. Personal weapon, night sight etc. That being said I used kit in Iraq, ammunition etc. that I still had to account for. Admin can be an ugly thing.

2 Likes

What has me wondering is where are all the runaway Russians? They may be suffering massive casualties but I’ve noted before as well as the abandoned vehicles there are a lot of destroyed vehicles where there are no sign of fatalities in them. Are they walking home? Have they gone to ground with sympathetic locals? Are they in some sort of Gulag in the occupied areas? And given the lack of organisation with the rest of the Russian support arms, what is happening with Russian wounded?

Regards,

M

1 Like

There’ some ‘starred’ items there, thats for sure.

I think that as much as we want all this to be true, we must be aware that propaganda and misinformation isn’t just a tool the ‘enemy’ use, and i’ve no doubt a substantial proportion of the images we’re seeing are at best staged.