Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Umm, no one is noticing there are no barrels? :wave:

It was duly noted by @BringupthePIAT and @Frenchy

The barrels are removed during transport and reattached once the vehicle is on location.

3 Likes

Yes, I know how they are moved.

We are addressing in a forest away from the rail line. No barrels.

But at least we get to see them.

Trying to look at them in a larger quality shot to see if they have tape yet to peel on the solid green one.

Looks like some kind of cover on the hole in the mantlet

You can actually see the tape covering the hole on the mantlet where the 25mm barrel goes into.

This is probably a rear staging area before the vehicles are fully loaded and driven to their assigned area of operation.

If you look at the picture, you can get a glance at the rear loading hatch of a third Bradley (immediately to the left of the tree trunk, just above the corner of the digital camoโ€™d M2A2. You can actually see the rear bustle rack of a fourth Bradley on this picture if you look above the open engine hatch on the right.

1 Like

No dirt on the roadwheels, track is clean

1 Like

Yeah; that supports my โ€œRear Assembly Areaโ€ hypothesis. Also, the fact that only one of the Bradleys has the digital camo paint applied, tells me that the other ones have yet to be painted.

1 Like

No one makes this type of track on the Bradleys? Is that right?

No. The T-161 tracks are included in the Kinetic M3A3 Bradley kit.

H.P.

1 Like

The Kinetic M3A3 CFV was the only kit that had the โ€œBigfootโ€ tracks.

1 Like

Russian โ€œuparmoredโ€ UAZ-452 on its way to Ukraine (โ€ฆgood luck ! :rofl: )

Itโ€™s in fact an ex-cash van made by Konalu.

H.P.

2 Likes

cash van, as in armor car โ€œbrinksโ€ style truck? Looks like that thing would do excellent in a set of "s"s.

Exactly. Itโ€™s a Konalu-330

https://max-models.ru/ishop/75

More pics

H.P.

Okay; this is just sad now. Resorting to using old Cash Vans as armored vehicles is a new low.

As the others have said, the Kinetic M3A3s have T161 track. More info on building a Ukrainian Bradley here:

2 Likes

Turret traversing blindly strikes object to create turret to lift out of hull?

Would like to hear the story on the stryker.

unintentional pit maneuver on a slower cougar in convoy?

From the mark on the bore evacuator it seems likely.

Regards,

M

1 Like