Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

In 20 years on tanks and many years reading reference books on tanks, I have never come across anything like the photo of the leopard. I have never seen a tank that has dislodged a turret due to a collision.

1 Like

No to it coming out so easily.
One can see the unprotected hull ammo racks in the Leo.

Thanks for the nice response.

Maybe going at Xspeed while turret is at side striking Ywhatever? Front leo is pulling damaged leo from location?

Wondering if it just drove into the back of another Leo and front Leo slid across top ? Or front leo backed up onto the other Leo. Lots of track dirt on top.

The accident involving the MaxxPro and the Stryker happened in Germany.

1 Like

Talking about the Leos, I’ve read that Ukrainian tankers crash polish Leopard 2A4 tanks during training in Poland. One of the Leos drove onto the other one ripping out the turret..

Some track marks are noticeable on the hull

Is it what is called a “crash course” ?

H.P.

2 Likes

Back from Bakhmut…

H.P.

5 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes

H.P.

3 Likes

The incident with the Striker occured on German motorway A6. 4 armoured vehicles were, according to the press, involved in that accident. That was an exercise accident and had nothing to do with Ukraine.

Andreas

2 Likes

thats what I guess too when looking at the picture. My first idea was also to see a track of the tank´s track on the hull front. In the background is a Polish Leopard 2PL. Looks more like an accident on a training ground than in Ukraine.

Andreas

Why the forethought if a army can maintain the weapon platform given.

skip to 2:09

2 Likes

They’re quite used to such repairs in the East:

1 Like

last day on the job at the porsche factory before retirement ?

They are playing the wrong music for the video.

at the 3:23 mark, you can see the technician think “Ah! Fck it!” and walks away.

Louisiana T-90A update

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/pentagon-gives-statement-on-russian-t-90-tank-left-at-truck-stop

H.P.

1 Like

H.P.

3 Likes

“tracks are way too clean, not enough mud, the mud is all one colour and not realistic like you’d see on a real tank, dust effects overdone and that shiny chrome on the track links is really too bright, sorry.”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for sharing dude. I’m keeping this one as a reference photo.

3 Likes

H.P.

4 Likes