Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

I think even non-readers of Ukrainian get this one,

3 Likes
2 Likes

Sheesh, I recall how outclassed the T 55’s were in Kuwait, and that was against M60A1’s. Maybe the idea is to have the T55’s advance, have the Ukrainians hit them, giving away the Ukranian tanks hiding spot for better tanks to engage. Can’t see what else other than a physical road block that they could be used for. Clearing paths through mine fields…

Well…they usually do not pop the turrets…

So, what’s next?

5 Likes

No upgrades? Ouch! You’d think they’d at least slap ERA on to give the crew a chance.

Used T55’s were for sale in excellent condition for ~$60,000 or so a few years ago. Seems likely less than the cost of one modern anti-tank missle.

Very Russian solution to use a 70 year old tank and it’s crew to hopefully take out a modern ATGM.

I guess that’s one way to protect the remaining T72’s.

2 Likes

Someone say slap ERA on that…

And in profile,

4 Likes

lol, the driver should make a ERA hat.

5 Likes

… which will be parked at the Kremlin and used as iron scarecrows. :jack_o_lantern:

—mike

3 Likes

I believe the one below, which is a ARV based on a recycled captured T-62, is not the same vehicle

arv

WIP picture

I guess that one is the same vehicle as in the first picture. It’s based on a T-64 chassis

You can compare the shape of the open top hatches in your post pics.

H.P.

5 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1647904354471489537

7 Likes

No Bushmasters?

1 Like

Lets see who is the first to produce a Bradley in that cam scheme!!

4 Likes

That digital camo really suits the Brad. Love it.

We will be seeing loads of these in 1/35 before too long.

They are usually transported without them, arent they?

Or did I dream that?

1 Like

Sometimes those in charge are a bit too zealous in doing that…

AFAIK removing the barrel of the 25mm M242 chain gun is a common practice for storage and shipping.

H.P.

2 Likes

I understand that, but these are in theatre?

Yes, but we don’t know how far behind the lines. Also, I bet they just rolled off the trailers that are hauling them in the lower picture. All part of the RSOI (Reception, Staging, Onward movement, Integration) process.

2 Likes

Muddy time…

H.P.

2 Likes

So; what do you think? Medium Green? NATO Green? Definitely NOT Protective Green (too light)…

The digital pattern will be a breeze to replicate with Light Sand and maybe Cockpit Green (I’m talking Tamiya Colors here).

2 Likes

Looks NATO Green to me overall. I agree on the digital camo colors as well.

2 Likes