The good old “Whack it 'til it fits” method :grin:

2 Likes

Another Russian-made redoubtable-looking UAZ on its way to Ukraine

https://t.me/sotaproject/57297

H.P.

3 Likes

I hope they have a roll-cage inside.
With all that extra steel plate it will be top heavy
and in danger of rolling in the first sharp corner.

1 Like

Just by looking at this shipping label; I knew the tank was heading to APG for analysis by the ATEC people. They’ll go through it thoroughly to se what advantages (if any) and disadvantages (most likelty a lot) it has over our M1A2 Abrams.

2 Likes

You would seriously want to be shot at driving that… It would be so embarrassing…

3 Likes

It seems Mr John Phelps has a great set of walkaround pictures that I’d love to see.

1 Like

That does look like something that you’d find in a third world country… or a dystopia future movie…

2 Likes

Firstly I’m not a welder, however even I think I could do better than that! Also I have no idea what thickness that plating is, however it can’t be too thick as I understand those vans are underpowered anyway but I’ve seen 7.62 penetrate a surprisingly think plate!! Rather them than me.

2 Likes

5 mm steel plates (according to the caption)

H.P.

1 Like

Teach me to read the info…however that isn’t stopping much.

2 Likes

Would be ineresting to know if it is armour plates or ordinary mild steel,
5 mm is less than 1/4 inch …

2 Likes

Training with M-55S and Bradleys

H.P.

8 Likes

Ukraine… or Höhenfels? :wink:

So odd to see Bradley’s working alongside Soviet designed tanks… it’s like dogs & cats getting along… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes
1 Like

Dude! I have seen this before! It’s a moving tank target from Table 8 gunnery.

2 Likes

Welcome to ‘modern’, ‘technological’ Russia, a military ‘superpower’…

"Our UAZ are the worst in the world… or so I thought. Our UAZ are the best, most advanced military vehicles in the world, as I found out during my 10 years’ reducation and hard labour on the Collective Farm.

How we laughed as we ploughed the fields with our bare hands".

5 Likes

In a surprise move, Germany has started to donate vehicles to RUSSIA. The quarter-million Trabants have been gathered from scrapyards. “They’re almost free” said a German official “all we’re asking is that Russia covers the transport costs and send us videos of them welding the armour on”

Cheers,

M.

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :+1:
That would be a sight to see!

2 Likes

Welding woulde be kind of a challenge: Trabants have a body made out of plastic! Out comes the Epoxy glue!!! :smiley:

6 Likes

Trabant NVA Lehrfahrzeug (no kidding ! ):

More info : https://trabantbrno.net/obrnenec.php

H.P.

6 Likes