Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

3 Likes

There’s no doubt in my mind now that they intend to make these resemble buildings.

2 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes

Not unlike the Swedish Bofors.

1 Like

Wait…Haven’t I seen that somewhere before?

Oh, yeah…there it is…

:beer:

4 Likes

Classic! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And then there’s this one. :pirate_flag:

—mike :grin:

2 Likes

Nothing would suprise me…

Interesting read.

The Russian custom, it seems, is to send one turtle tank fitted with jammers and mine-rollers ahead of other vehicles—often laden with infantry—to clear a safe path right up to Ukrainian lines.

Sacrificing observation and the ability to rotate the turret on one tank per platoon that can jam many FPVs’ frequencies at once makes sense. The priority is to get infantry assault groups across open fields to buildings or defensive positions.

For that purpose, in the current environment, the turtle tanks appear to be working just fine. The problem, for the Russians, is that the environment is about to change. The first batch of fresh U.S. aid should arrive in Ukraine any day now—and it includes hundreds of millions of dollars worth of artillery shells and anti-tank missiles. It’s a safe bet subsequent U.S. aid packages will include even more shells and missiles.

ATS-59G ?

H.P.

4 Likes

It’s a barn find!!

5 Likes

Follow-up story about the T-72 fitted with “palletized jammers”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2024/04/15/ukrainian-troops-staged-a-daring-three-night-raid-to-steal-a-russian-tank-fitted-with-a-new-drone-jammer/?sh=647d4a4973d4

H.P.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Figures modelling reference

4 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Is this guy compensating for something?

Cheers,

M

2 Likes