Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

I have to say you guys impress me with your knowledge of all the various equipment. For me I can tell there are no Tiger 1s of Shermans but after that they are all just fighting machines. Keep it up I’m learning every day.

1 Like

It looks like they looted the local dealership. Daesh, however, had sufficient funds to buy imported second-hand vehicles at auctions: hence that chap in the U.S. who saw his old truck on TV, loaded with militant islamofascists but still carrying his company name and contact details…

Cheers,

M

3 Likes

Unlike food, bandages don’t go bad. As long as they were stored properly, they should be fine.
Ken

1 Like

the only good thing that came out of south east Asia was trauma wards, and methods. A few years back a terminal wound meant you were on the way to meet your maker. Thru those they just got better and better at treating wounds that would have been terminal fifteen years prior, let alone WWII. Even a kid with a sucking chest wound had a small chance if the got him sealed up in a minute or so. Transfer this to Desert Storm and even better equipment you had a good chance. Bandages do last a long time as stated, but treatments are just out there right now assuming the staff is good enough. I have no idea what the Russians are doing medical wise, and I see hospitals in the Ukraine. I think that maybe it’s time for the Ukrainians and the Russians to call out a one week cease fire, and just get those shot up folks outta there while they are still breathing. Both side owe this big time.

A couple weeks back (maybe three) I watched a video of a six year old girl with what looked like a sucking chest wound. Poor kid didn’t make it!!! Which is pretty much expected with a sucking chest wound. I have no idea if the shooter (or whatever caused the wound) knew what he shot at. It still bothers me. If the Russian knew what he was shooting at, then I personally will grease the gates of Hell to make his trip faster. If he didn’t know, then I’ll pray for him. They got her to a trauma ward alive but also not in good shape. The Doctor gave the camera man the finger as he should have! How could somebody do a thing like that? You must always live with your actions.

Maybe the United States ought to be sending top of the line medical equipment over just like they send Javelin rockets! Plus Russia could do the same thing!
gary

2 Likes

that magical word “if” again, IF the bandages have been stored correctly. one unit couldnt store 90% of it’s tanks correctly and found they had been plundered of their comms gear, expensive metals and in some cases had their engines stolen.

1 Like

Have any BMPT “Terminators” shown up yet? You would think with some of the urban combat zones, those things would be a good item to have on scene.

without double checking, I thought I saw one in that link you posted a while ago about destroyed/capture/reused kit … might of misread though …

i have heard rumours of thrm bring deployed, Frenchy is your best bet!

UK first field dressings have a best before date and after that they begin to lose some of their qualities in how they are made and allowing them soak up the blood etc.

1 Like

Who needs field dressing if there isn’t supposed to be any fighting?
Just a simple road trip, no worries, the liberated civilians will welcome
us with flowers, food and drink.

3 Likes

All I can say is that some were spotted on their way to the Ukrainian frontier about a month ago…These are indeed BMPT, not BMPT-72 as written in the video caption…

BMPT :

BMPT-72

On a side note, here’s the Ukrainian-built Strazh (Sentinel) based on a T-64 chassis

https://static2.gazeta.ua/img2/cache/gallery/797/797280_4_w_1200.jpg?v=0

https://www.armyrecognition.com/arms_and_security_2017_online_show_daily_news/strazh_new_ukrainian_bmpt_fire_support_vehicle_based_on_t-64_mbt.html

H.P.

3 Likes

I will agree with that, I had two bags of bandages dated 60s and 70s, for gulf 2

Typhoon-K

Peat is as tricky as mud…

H.P.

7 Likes

Bandages can lose sterility over time. Packaging is not impervious to deterioration, degradation through rough handling, etc. But as an SF Medic told my team more than once, we can fix a lot of things wrong with you later on, but once you run out of red stuff that’s pretty much it.
We used outdated IV’s and other supplies all the time. On each other for training.

1 Like

Difference between humans and computers:
When all the red stuff has exited a human it’s game over.
When all the smoke has exited from electronics it is game over.

1 Like

Yea, exactly!
Ken

1 Like

Ukrainian SOF tractor :wink:

H.P.

16 Likes

Marvellous, best image so far
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :+1:

1 Like

Defecting tractor (or is this an undercover mission ? :thinking:…)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1508349638629203977

H.P.

4 Likes

Also used by Sandpeople from Tatooine?

4 Likes