Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Anyone know what this markings means….

At first live speed pass I thought the Polish Army lost a vehicle to Z.

Also did Z claim a tractor…the balance of power might be shifting if Z has tractors now.

2 Likes

Havent spotted a Maz 537 tansporter yet , must be keeping their haulers across the border

Cant believe the burn effects on the Typhoon- k

1 Like

Or was that tractor from team Blue & Gold working undercover in a bold move, sporting a bogus Z in order to fool Team Z?

2 Likes

A secret undercover double agent…. :scream:

Team BG is very tricky. :+1:

In the big city, one has to be leery of Gypsy cabs and Gypsy tow trucks… in the Ukraine, team Z must be leery of Gypsy tractors :open_mouth:

1 Like

Alot of photos have scenes of damaged civilian cars.
But so few modern civilian autos in 1/35.

Possible base kit for destroyed modern vehicle in dio.
It’s 1/32 but all crushed down under rubble could work?

[quote=“Tank_1812, post:1515, topic:17957, full:true”]
Anyone know what this markings means….

I believe it’s a type of convoy/unit code. Similar squares were used on Soviet vehicles way back during their road trip to Afghanistan - you’d typically see them in the cab windows of trucks for example. The orientation of the squares and the use of letters varied, depending on the convoy or unit in question.

2 Likes

Guntower Ladas should be useable for Ukraine

https://guntowermodels.com/en/catalog/1_35_avtomobili/?PAGEN_1=3&SIZEN_1=15

Balaton has released a Niva and don’t forget Diopark Mercedes…Takom makes a VW van (2 versions), a BMW and a Mitsubishi SUV.

You can also find some a few 1/35th scale diecast models, like Schabak Ford Transit models

But I guess more recent stuff would do no harm !

H.P.

is it just me or does that tractor looked pissed off!

3 Likes

Actually it is Takom who does the VW buses, two versions. They also do a Mitsubishi Pajero SUV. The BMW is from Takom as well.

Meng does a couple pickups (Toyota Crew cab and Ford F350 Crew Cab) and a Toyota Land Cruiser/BJ pickup.

The last word shouted by the bystander was a four letter word so I suspect that
Russian Fascist-Imperialists had stolen a tractor and used it to tow their own tracked vehicle

1 Like

it would appear the Russian borg is adapting…not good, not good at all.

OOOPS. Thanks for the correction Gino. Post edited.

H.P.

@Frenchy wow that typhoon K is toast, excellent find, what about tbe artillery below it, i can see damage but no penetrating holes, any idea how it was knocked out. those T72’s in the peat bog look geat, i guess the unditching log isn’t gonna save them this time lol.

The unditching log could probably work BUT that requires hard work outside the tank,
exposing ones precious butt to possible hostile fire so the Ruski Tankisti probably
ran away like scared rabbits

1 Like

In fact the Ukrainians took drastic action to dig them out :slight_smile:

Another view of the roasted Typhoon-K

H.P.

4 Likes

It looks like this is an impact point on the front circled in yellow. Looks like a shaped charge, rpg etc. It wouldn’t have been a good day for the crew in the front.

5 Likes

Actually T80s

Quick lick of paint, new fuel cap and 6 new pieces of rubber and you’d never know …:grin:

3 Likes

xhss9

3 Likes