Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Nice!

9 Likes

And small scale…:IBG Models
FB_IMG_1648145892553.jpg.ceba110dbf3aac6b6b012538dc3e0a54.jpg

5 Likes

H.P.

6 Likes

I wonder if they’re gonna leave the contaminated guys at Chernobyl behind? According to interviews those poor sods went into there with no knowledge of what happened there in 86 and had no radiological precautions visible…

2 Likes

kinda looks like something went thru the windshields, and may have just kept going. Bad news if you were riding in the back end cause your probably gonna be like ashes in an ash tray.

What’s really funny about that T72 is that the two tanks following him are bogged down to the hull bottom as well. You can forget about dragging them out with a tractor once you reach hull bottom. Doubt an unditching log is gonna help much here, but perhaps a flat bed rail car load might help. Problem is that access to the first one is blocked by the others. I doubt that two M88’s could drag him out
gary

2 Likes

Running away before the Tractors could catch them…

Cheers,

M

3 Likes

unless your within a half mile of the reactor or inside the hospital; most is fairly safe. Even the hospital is OK except for the basement. Now a visit to the trauma room is a two headed snake. For the most part it’s OK, but things like the bandages and gauze on the floor are still pretty hot.
gary

1 Like

The guys sent there rolled thru all the contaminated areas and kicked up all the dust. While wearing no protective gear. They are dead men walking now. Give them a few years before the lung or other cancers start spiking among that group.

1 Like

the last heard the hospital in Chernobyl had the basement filled in with sand as there were to many idiots visiting it. one such idiot took a highly contaminated fireman’s helmet as a souvenir!

2 Likes

Probably posted it on eBay. :radioactive: :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

There used to be a motorcycle tour that you could go on. The guide knew exactly what was hot and what wasn’t. You could be in a safe spot and two meters away it was hot. They guy had a Geiger counter. There really wasn’t a safe zone per se, just zones with safe areas in them. There’s a documentary out there about the tour if anyone is interested. I never got to go. Wife would rather go snorkeling at Jeju.

Another possible model scene.
Somebody was late to the party. Zoom in at end around 20 seconds…

1 Like

Unfortunately, Guntower Models are going to be extremely difficult to get right now since they are based in Russia.

I just asked how long we were going to half to wait for this to show up in styrene. Shortest wait ever ! :grinning:

4 Likes

The state that truck is in reminds me of what the rear end of a BMW looks like if its driver tries to use the indicators.

there is a film clip of the basement showing fireman’s boots and uniforms scattered on the floor. Checked with a gigercounter, they were extremely hot (a reading of over 1440 rad). Most areas are in the sub 30 rad area. Yet you can be in an area with readings averaging 20 to 25, and find a place maybe 12" square that may read 800 rad. An interesting place was where river dredging equipment was placed. Everything around there was fairly safe, but the equipment was almost ten times higher. The local grave yards are still being used today (new graves), and for the most part are pretty safe (there are some very small pockets). The apartment buildings are pretty safe, and many people live in them while passing thru the area. Look for the L&S Girls on Youtube. Also watch the stuff they did on the space program. Really interesting.
gary

Grab them while they last !

The featured tractor above looks like a KhTZ T-150K, released in 1/35th scale by RT Models (from Ukraine) and Custom Factory (from Russia) so one may have some hard time finding them…

H.P.

3 Likes

@Frenchy what is thay vehicle being towed by the blue tractor?

Looks like a IMR-2M engineer vehicle

H.P.

6 Likes