Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

it seems the British army are sending 84,000 helmets to Ukraine. i love how they are removing anything that identifies the helmets as British and then they make a film telling thr world what they have done lol

3 Likes

They did re-release the KV-1 but not the KV-1B as they call it with bolted on armor.

Trumpeter did a Ehkranami kit that is nice OOB, but a few fixes makes it better.

http://www.4bogreen.com/kv-series/plastic-and-resin-kits/1-35-scale/trumpeter/00357-russian-kv-1s-ehkranami

some more accessories which might not all get used

4 Likes

So that’s where all those Mk6s will end up…that will free up some shelf space lol

1 Like

What is the quality of Perfect Scale Modellbau? Thanks

Little detail if your planning on modeling destroyed Ukrainian vehicles…

3 Likes

Perfect.:wink: Never had any complaints with them.

yeah that’s what I told the wife, it’s old issue kit and the MOD found away to get rid of it and probably get some sort of tax break on it as well

1 Like

i haven’t seen many destroyed Ukrainian military vehicles, i get the feeling they are holding them back at the moment but i could be wrong as I’m just an armchair general.

I found a half-build BMP-3 with some AM stuff attached. Now wondering which side he will go? Maybe a “Z” track in “MERDC”?

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll what they want for shipping to the US.

1 Like

H.P.

6 Likes

I also have a Pbv501/BMP-1 A1 Ost at hand, just in case…

4 Likes

Once I already did it. This was my first dirty model.

12 Likes

is there anything inside the two open round hatches.

i have only managed to find these modern russian army rations but they look different from the tyoe that has been shown to be in use by the Russian army in Ukraine. does anyone know if there any up to date versions.

Alas, Trumpeter’s there is generally empty. I took the engine from the T-34, but I did not make the transmission.

1 Like

There are a few transmissions that are close enough. One was by Maquette, but others have come along since. As there’s very little to see, you could even make the horrible one from Skif work.

You’ll need to look at videos released by the Russian channels on Youtube

@fromSalekhard i didn’t know i could type Russian, i suspect you used google :grinning::grinning::grinning:

H.P.

4 Likes