Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

@BGT i typed Michael Rinaldi into YouTube search and found 56 videos there, so i woukd suggest you try that.

i guess Will Smith doesnā€™t understand how to play Rock, Paper, Scissors properly :wink::yum::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I have looked at his videos. But some are an hour or more long. Im yet to find one that even comes closes

That is correct.

Are sure it was him? I donā€™t recall anything recent and that doesnā€™t seem like his style.

1 Like

I love good and calm questions. Thanks.
I will have to give two answers, to each of the last paragraphs. In addition, before closing this topic, I would like to express my generalized vision of the problem. After that, Klaus will definitely close this topic!

1. About ā€œpleasureā€. Some of my remarks have been hidden, but I will remind you that I have always been in favor of excluding political issues here. Itā€™s not so much about how I feel about the issues under discussion, but about the inappropriateness of these topics here. I came to the modeling forum and I want to discuss modeling business. If I want to discuss health, arts, etc. I will go to thematic sites. There are a lot of special sites for politics, and she has already spoiled the rest.
    I even wonder what news we watched before 2014? We have a good phrase: ā€œDo you remember in 2010 everyone was discussing the man-eating shark in Egypt? It was a good time!ā€.

2. I regularly attend only three Russian modeling forums. They are different and bear the imprint of the creators/owners. Only the liberality of Klaus allow us to communicate with you. Forum owner Panzer35 clearly demonstrates his preferences.

At the same time, I should note that there are no pro-Putin and jingoistic statements there either.

Another site Karopka. Here is a scan of the free topics section and there is only one topic ā€œIdeas from the warā€ (fourth from the top).

You can look - there are no corpses, swearing and everything else bad. And he himself is not big. (By the way, the second topic is my question about the photo of the KV-2 with the crew). Even to patriotic figurines from MB - a calm reaction.
On the third forum, the perfectmodel is about the same.
As far as I know, only one German has been working on the Pazer35 forum for a long time, who writes in English. No others. Why? This question is for you.

3 Likes

Im sure it was one of his tutorials at a show/convention. If I recall he painted/weathered a turret of a t34 that had been burnt.

The reason im asking is that he applied the colours in a set order and to my eye it just worked. Given this topic im very tempted to try a burntout afv.

Bruce, donā€™t waste time on a burnt out afvā€¦do a tractor towing a Tigerā€¦.LOL

3 Likes

Tin Manā€™s truck ?

Our big-wheeled friends are back

H.P.

7 Likes

@fromSalekhard Yuri i will not close a topic unless people are violent towards each other

i will hide posts from people that contain offensive or threatening behaviour. these are the rules of the owner of this site.

a Russian member posted this ā€œŠ¼ŃƒŠ“Š°Šŗ тыā€

we can use Google to translate languages just as much as you.

i understand people in russia love their country and are patriotic, many in Russia probably think the war in Afghanistan was righteous but do they still think so now?

you have given a calm, calculated and somewhat educated discussion based on all the information you have available where you are.

so i have no reason to ban you or lock this thread.

thank you for posting those Russian sites, i will take the time to look at them this evening.

i sometimes visit https://diorama.ru/

to look at Russian modellers work, but i do not speak Russian so i can not comment.

2 Likes

@fromSalekhard
Totally agree with Klaus.

2 Likes

Trumpeter Modern US Supply Team figures can be a start for Ukrainian female soldiers.
https://www.dersockelshop.de/trumpeter-tru0429

1 Like

Did they park in South Central LA? All the tires are missing.

6 Likes

I visit Karopka regularly and use google translate. There are some really good insights into colours to use on there especially for Russian vehicles.

@Tank_1812 Ryan that could be possil park in Glasgow, items that are usually firmly attached to vehicles have a habit of giing missing lol

2 Likes

made some progress on the eurekaxxl AK ammo boxes, primed and a base, wood coat has been applied.

Not a terrible set, but the femaleā€™s arm does not cradle the helmet as in the box art. Not even close. The arm was at an odd angle and I remember correctly it was too short. At least the head was usable, i.e. not horrible.

@18bravo i got another set of eurekaxxl 125mm ammo boxes but i was a bit disappointed as they are solid resin, i thought they might be hollow so i could display them open but that isnā€™t an option.

https://desk-russie.eu/generated/images/tank0401-800-1c026b344.jpg

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I guess this one should be the fake oneā€¦ :roll_eyes:

H.P.

5 Likes

For the love of god, someone make figures of these Ukrainian troops riding on the tank and BMP-2

iā€™m so glad i donā€™t drive a fuel tanker!