Models in films and TV

Apologies if someone’s previously posted this guy – just saw an ep on cable TV (Oz), to my knowledge the first time a TV show’s been dedicated to model-making. Not overly impressed by his finishes but interesting for early history of scale-model autos:

:tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

There was “Model World” on mainstream TV - if I remember correctly, BBC1 on Saturday mornings - in 1975, presented by the memorably eccentric looking Bob Symes-Shutzmann. As well railways and r/c boats etc., it did cover plastic kit models.

1 Like

Netflix’s Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story, ep.7.
I assume this is some issue or other of the Aurora 1:8 scale kit that’s being built by Dahmer’s unfortunate neighbour.

1 Like

Dahmer didn’t like that. He said, ‘Thou shalt have no other monsters before me’ and then punished the sinner.

3 Likes

Lance Kerwin painting a horror genre figure in the movie “Salem’s Lot”.

5 Likes

Lance Kerwin just died yesterday at the age of 62.

Dogs of Berlin

2 Likes

In the episode where Lumpy drives Mr. Cleaver’s car to the track meet:

4 Likes

Excuse my ignorance, episode of what show?
Looks like a good one though.

man, where did you dig that one up from? your past beta/ vhs collection?

The show was called Leave it to Beaver. It featured young Theodore (nicknamed the Beaver, or just Beav) his older brother Wally, his father Ward, and his mother June, who was famous for doing housework in pearls and heels. She was already dressed to the nines before she even finished making the boys’ breakfast. Ah those were the days.

And no, no VHS tapes for me. It comes on every day at 7:00 and 7:30 am in our area - channel 55-2.

4 Likes

Tim videoing his tank collection at work.

3 Likes

completely different episode. About 10 episodes apart, same shirt, going over the Battle of the Bulge set with many tank.

Both Outdoorman

5 Likes

I don’t recall that episode but that is his wife in Home Improvement. He has had many folks guest star from the old show in the new show.

1 Like

Those are 21st Century Toys tanks. I have the ‘332’ in the other room with a Tiger. The 1/35 I sold several years back.

1 Like

kevin Bacon- City on the hill

I think in at least the first five episodes youll see his wifes fathers collection of model airplanes around the dining room /living room? then the mother and daughter talk about how dumb all the airplanes are and him wasting time building them.

Hey tonite on Chicago Fire,Mouch is building an AMT Fire truck for the District Chief,he is even trying to add an AM deck gun to it so that it is the same as the chiefs truck.

5 Likes

Old movie from the 1990s; “The Hitman” with Chuck Norris. his character dabbled in scale model aircraft. You can see an F-15 Eagle model box on the left of this picture.

3 Likes

Chuck Norris doesn’t build models. He stares at the box and the parts assemble and paint themselves.

16 Likes

The god father of shake and bake kits.

1 Like