Models in films and TV

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2305412089546383

H.P.

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s really difficult because you don’t get a good look at the left hand side, but I can’t the any guides for the wires on the left wing. Curious.

Closest I can find is this vintage Cox PT-19 CL trainer. But it has Mustang style undercarriage and underbelly radiator? Wonder if it’s a variant of that model?

1 Like

It looks like the fuselage is the same, with different wings, undercarriage, and paint scheme.

Maybe a bit like the sketches, where the scripts are identical when they talk about the models, just with different guest stars - Terry and Cliff.

Recent insurance commercial, he’s got jets and tanks

4 Likes

And a recent kit too, Rye Field M1 family.

2 Likes

Yup.

2 Likes

And i was able to ID the model on my earlier post from the movie “The Hitman”. It was a vintage Monogram 1/48 scale F-15 Eagle kit.

4 Likes

Couple kits on shelf, above the sitting girl, one looks like a Revell kit

2 Likes

The one directly behind the sitting girl’s head looks like a Trumpeter.

1 Like

I only see the sitting girl! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

And a Lava Lamp!!!

3 Likes

Damn I’m old, I was focused on models and pizza…

4 Likes

It’s bugging me as to what kit that is. It’s familiar but I can’t think what it is.

1 Like

I just came across this image from the filming of Thunderball… loved that part of the movie!

9 Likes

Ah, the Avro Vulcan Bomber. Quite an elegant piece of British Aeronautics; kind of like the Avro Lancaster.

Did you know that there are three Vulcans on display across the US?

One at Castle Air Museum in California, One at the Strategic Air & Space Museum in Nebraska and a third at the Global Air Power Museum at Barksdale AFB, Louisiana.

2 Likes

No, I didn’t know that any were here in the States. Very nice! As a kid I remember seeing them visit and fly at local air shows… MCAS El Toro, Edwards and March AFBs… great air shows between the flight demonstrations and ground displays.

1 Like

It’s not one of the kits but do you remember the wooden maze game I think was called the Labyrinth? The path was painted onto the maze but I never was able to successfully complete this game :face_with_spiral_eyes:

6 Likes

I built this F-15 kit. Painted it like the A-10 Warthog in the Tamiya pamphlet and screwed up the cockpit so bad I just painted the inside of the canopy black :grin:

6 Likes

Charlie Plummer in The Clovehitch Killer (2018) ponders his father’s odd behaviour. At first I only noticed the ship on the left, which might just be a bath toy, but looks like a model kit, and behind it the flying model box. But on the shelf above is a box for a Luftwaffe F-4F (couldn’t identify the brand), and underneath the medals on the far wall is what looks like some kind of Cessna kit box, must be big scale, maybe another flying model. Also a glider hanging from the ceiling.

3 Likes