Mountain Problems

Hi Glenn,

Not a patch on your amazing builds, but thank you for the feedback, much appreciated, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

OK that’s it! Consider yourself served by the Dio Police court, the charges being four counts of ADD (Active Dioramas Disorder) and four counts of ADHD (Aggravated Dioramas Half Done). Don’t even think about bail! Regarding the fifth diorama the jury’s still out but it looks like you might get off with a cautionary round of applause. :chains: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Hi Tim,

It’s a fair cop guv’, you got me bang to rights, :slightly_smiling_face:.

I’m not trying to influence the jury, but…

:laughing:

G

5 Likes

This is looking good. And I would have to agree with Tim’s assessment, you get a pass, for now.

Me, on the other hand, I always laugh at my buddies who just can’t ever finish anything to completion. Their wives are ready to string em up from the yard arm, HA! We’re talking things like fixing the house, car, yard work, or that build they started months ago and the tools are still outside getting rusty. I’m anal retentive when it comes to work, so my wife is a happy wife, HA!

Let’s just say you may be diagnosed with a mild, but sometimes serious, case of “round to-it.” T’sall good, when you get “round to-it”, they’ll get done, right?

Ruck Over Bby, and let’s see how much you get done before you start numero 6, :smile: :rofl: :joy: :wink:

Based on your theory Ski, my wife must be one unhappy bunny, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :laughing:.

“Everything will be finished in the end, and if it’s not finished, then it’s not yet the end.” :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Hi all,

Thought I’d best prove to Tim that I haven’t given up…yet, :roll_eyes: :slightly_smiling_face:…on my first ever attempt at a ‘Braille’ scale diorama, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Work progresses on the building, and I am working on the first of the vehicles, the Airfix 1/72nd Sherman Firefly,:slightly_smiling_face:.

G

8 Likes

Forgot to ask on the other thread for this G, how did you do the moss/ivy on the building ?

Good question, please elaborate, if you plz :wink:

Wonderful work G , I love it , still amazed at the braille sized realistic representation you’ve done !!
Keep going man , looks great !!

Beautiful work, you & Erik should collaborate because this would bolt right onto his “Enemy in sight” dio! PS d’ya hear the wailing sirens, they’re a-comin’ for yow :black_flag: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

John and Ski,

The ivy is simply a layer of white glue dragged into the shape/area I wanted to cover, then a sprinkling of dark scatter material, then another layer of glue and scatter, this time a small amount of light colour added, Just keep building up to create bulk towards the centre and adding slightly more light scatter until I’m happy with the look, :roll_eyes:.

G

1 Like

Thank you for the positive feedback Glenn, much appreciated coming from the building architecture guru, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

That’s one hell of a challenge Tim, :slightly_smiling_face:, I think Erik’s work is truly amazing, not sure I could do it justice, :roll_eyes:, but an interesting thought for a future project, :thinking:.

We could decide on a scenario where the two opposing forces are facing off at each other, and Erik takes it from the Axis perspective, and me from the Allied one, :slightly_smiling_face: .

G

The braille building looks awesome. But shouldn’t this be in a separate thread?

1 Like

You sure make it seem easy…

1 Like

Hi Erwin,

It is covered in a separate thread but I don’t know if you can create a link to it, so just wanted to add the odd update within this thread to prove to my 1/35th friends that I am still working on a project, and one I’ll hopefully complete, :roll_eyes: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Hi Bert,

Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

I missed that one, then…
How is it called?

Hi Erwin,

Not sure if this will work, :thinking: :roll_eyes:.

G

p.s. how does one create these shaded name references that I often see, e.g. ‘@G-man69’?

1 Like

Ah, in a group build… hence I don’t see it :slight_smile:
That box is simply by tagging like @G-man69 : putting an @ sign in front of the name/username…

2 Likes