Mountain Problems

That’s a great shot G seeing those 4 A4 Dios next to each other… Just shows what can be achieved on a single piece of paper… Very cool… And it’s hard to pic my favourite of the 4 :thinking::+1:

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the positive feedback, :slightly_smiling_face:, but please excuse my ignorance, but what is ‘auspufs’, :thinking: :roll_eyes: :slightly_smiling_face:?

Cheers, :beer:,

G

Hi John,

Thank you, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Hi all,

Just a quick note to thank all of those people that have offered their modelling advice and support throughout 2020, and those that have taken the time to follow my builds in silence.

I’d also like to wish all of you and your family and friends a happy, healthy, peaceful and prosperous New Year…here’s hoping 2021 will eventually return us back to as near normal as is possible following the unprecedented events of 2020.

Cheers, one and all, :beer: :beer: :beer:,

G

Auspuff is German for exhaust

1 Like

And the same to you and yours mate!
J

Yes G better get your act together before the Dio police come a-knockin’, it’s a hangin’ offence to have more than 2 dios on the go at once. Sorry for the obscure reference, such a shame the English language opted for “exhaust” when we could have had “outpuff” :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes

Beauty G-man, get after it!!! Slacker, HA!

1 Like

Been reading this topic, and the diorama sure looks great! As do the other 3…

Hi Tim, and Ski,

Ooops! I’ve gone and made things worse Tim, :roll_eyes:, I’ve started a 5th build before finishing the other 4, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Decided to try something different, different for two reasons, 1) it’s my first ever group build, and 2) it’s Braille Scale, I probably was pre-teens when I last touched a 1/72nd - 1/76th scale kit, certainly an armour kit, :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:.

Below are a couple of images of the building I’ve constructing from card, foamboard and DAS…so not really shirking Ski, honest, :smile:.

G

5 Likes

Hi Bert,

Thank you for your kind feedback, it’s much appreciated, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Yet another one? Man, you are like me in my teens. Lots of ideas, but never finish anything! :roll_eyes:

After I built my first dio I started realizing I enjoy building a terrain feature more than a model kit, in fact now it’s more a matter of the vehicle complimenting the ground work, I’m thinking G likes playing with DAS and foam board a leeetle too much. :wink:

Cajun

2 Likes

G-man, T’sall good Bro. This just means you have a hyper, over active imagination and according to the government you should be on drugs, HA! Aren’tcha glad you’re not in public schools today?

I say Ruck Over Bby! The more the marrier and my only concern would be storage inbetwixt the numerous builds.

Great work Buddy!

You should start considering building dio’s and putting them up for sale… looks good again!

OK G,

So we all get it. You like to have several eggs in your basket… and they are wonderful.

I’m no sharpshooter, but even I can see that you we need to see more of the sniper in you than the shotgun.

Let’s get one of these finished!

(And I say that as much to give myself a kick up the behind as yourself…)

Yes,I know that feeling. I have about 5 projects germinating in various stages as we speak. Nothing to be done about it buddy! Just drive on and Strike=Hold.
That braille scale looks as good as 1/35!
J

Hi all,

Thank you for all your feedback, it’s much appreciated, :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:.

Like Erwin in his teens, hmmm, :thinking:, that might explain it…I’ve not yet grown up, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :laughing:.

I think Terry and Ski have the measure of me, imagination, sans drugs…unless you count alcohol, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and definitely in Terry’s camp regarding the most enjoyable element of our great hobby, :smile:.

Nice thought from Bert but, alas, I’m not of a standard for such an undertaking, unlike some I could mention, :slightly_smiling_face:.

However, Tim is right, I need to complete something…always remember a management training course I went on many moons ago, one of the outcomes was that I was definitely not a ‘completer/finisher’…story of my life, :roll_eyes: :laughing:…hence joining a group build, the hope being that peer pressure might drive me through to the end, :thinking: :roll_eyes: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

2 Likes

Hi Jerry,

Your projects are works of art, all a pleasure to behold, :slightly_smiling_face:.

The braille scale building is a tad heavy handed on the scribing, I need to try to be more subtle, :laughing:, but thank you, none the less, for the compliment, much appreciated coming from you, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

1 Like

Dunno , think the braille building is pretty cool , G , it’s your bench and your time spent there , you’re the c.e.o. , do whatever the heck you want , results are always a treat !!