I just decided what to build for this campaign:

I thought it was time to revive my Falklands project on Scalemates.com
:smile:
Many fine builds here, by the way :+1:
Cheers
Peter

2 Likes

…and managed to glue and paint a few parts

Seems to me a quite decent little Airfix kit. I’m looking forward to build it!
Cheers mates! :raising_hand_man:t3:

3 Likes

Going on…

4 Likes

Hi All,

Nice work going on here! This my entry for the campaign, Ertl’s 1/48 A-20. So far it’s a pretty decent kit.

Got some basics done…

Since this pic, I’ve closed up the fuselage, and getting ready to mask the canopy. I also did kind of cool thing to get the seatbelts in. I made a copy of a PE seatbelt set on hand, glued with white glue to some aluminum foil and cut it out, then glued it in place. Looks pretty realistic to me, especially with the cockpit being closed. More to follow!

Keep up the great work! Till next time.

2 Likes

Crawling forward on my A-7A, Interior paint done. Cockpit consists of half a bang seat :roll_eyes: Taped it up and tested it out, turns out a couple of fasteners was all it took to balance it.

@michaelsatin does this qualify for your Double Nuts campaign??? :wave:

3 Likes

Reached the milestone “Standing on its own legs” :laughing:

Now the decals and the rest (canopy, ordnance, tanks and Vinten camera pod) will follow soon.
Have fun!
Cheers
Peter :raising_hand_man:t3:

2 Likes

:joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

…nearly done now, still some finishing and a clear varnish plus some weathering from the South Atlantic to do :wink:
:raising_hand_man:t3:

2 Likes

Well mates, I declare my kit as completed and say thank you for another fine campaign now in this new form. Pity we haven’t a gallery yet, maybe in the future…

(Still smeared with dirt wash…)

Good luck to all still glueing and painting!
Cheers
Peter :raising_hand_man:t3: :+1:t3:

6 Likes

Nice build, Peter! :+1:t2:

Looks very good - especially considering the scale.

1 Like

Agreed. We have just finished our first AutoModeler Group Build on the new site, and I will be collating the completed build images to create a photo feature on the forum home page. I think this provides a good showcase in the interim.

Nice build BTW, neat little Harrier, Congrats on getting it completed!

Cheers, D

1 Like

My A-4M is growing fast. The fit is amazing.

2 Likes

This campaign is going great, good job everyone, and Mark! I know there’s some reluctance to include Naval attack aircraft here and I get it. After all, MUD Movers. So what do you all think of a companion “Ship Killer” campaign for aircraft designed and armed to attack shipping targets. Any interest?

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am very interested in ship killers also. I’m really oversubscribed this year though, but if you do it q4 into early next year I’d definitely do something for it!

Great idea! I’m ready to join eventually, got at least one candidate in my stash :grinning:

Thank you :raising_hand_man:t3:

Thanks a lot, Jesper!

OK, not a bad concept. Although nearly half the planes being built (even finished) for this campaigns are ship based; a Harrier, Skyhawk and a Corsair II. How would the rules set up? Carrier based, carrying anti ship missiles, torpedos, depth charges or straight bombs? Candidates like the Gladiator, Devastator, Dauntless, Avenger, S2-A Viking, Helldiver, or even the Grumman Guardian Hunter/Killer pair. Y’all will have to help on the non US flavors (A4 with an Exocet?). What about ground based craft like the PBJ or even B-25H (75mm gun nose)?

I’m thinking an Iraqi Mirage carrying an Exocet missile for the ship sinkers campaign, personally.

For Luftwaffe all the standard bombers apply I imagine. HE-111s and Ju-88s both had torpedo specific configurations if I’m not mistaken. And Stukas did their dive bombing thing against ships.

There are a load of Japanese planes that were used in an anti-shipping role - I don’t know all of them.