Naval Air Campaign

Twin Otter it is.

3 Likes

I think I am going to change my build to the flying pancake.

2 Likes

Well, should’ve checked my primer spray box better. I found the fin for the Duck under cardboard I use. I’m annoyed with myself for not looking harder. Another build?? Dunno.

2 Likes

That WOULD be cool, I must say!

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi Everyone!

Not sure how I missed this one, but now that I see it, I’m in! With the 80th anniversaries of some prominent battles approaching, I’d planned on doing my own little “Battle of Midway” tribute, so this is perfect!

Here’s my entry, Accurate Miniatures SB2U-3 Vindicator.

Planning on a straight out of the box build, and added an Eduard mask set to do the huge greenhouse canopy. This will be fun!

2 Likes

Excellent choice, sir! Boy, am I sorry they folded. They put out some great kits and really raised the bar.

Michael :cry:

1 Like

OK, I’m going to do the 1/48 Tamiya Phantom. I’ve ordered some decals for some navy planes. I’ve heard this kit is as nice as their 1/48 P-38 so I’m looking forward to it.

1 Like

Was gonna do the A-6E tram intruder but it’s a complex kit and I don’t think I’ll have the time to do it justice.

So keeping the Accurate Miniatures theme running. I’m going to do an avenger, just trying to decide between these two

3 Likes

That looks like a fun one.

Excellent additions!

I was briefly distracted by the recollection that this is also the 40th anniversary of the Falklands Conflict, and I do have the very nice Kinetic SHAR in the stash, but I think I’ll try to stick with the SBD. Try being the key word. We shall see what happens if I ever get time to head back to the Cave.

1 Like

Great decision to make Mead! I’d do the one from Bunker Hill, being far more colorful. But that’s just me!

Well, today’s the 80th anniversary of the first day of the Battle of Midway. Guess I’d better get to work on that SBD!

2 Likes

I’m also leaning towards the bunker hill one, due to the more interesting color scheme

Posting my start pic not because I’m about to start, but I want to open the box to store my new decals for the build. I will probably start soon even though I have stuff that’s more urgent because I think there may be a lot of time spent on putting stencil decals on when I get to that stage…

1 Like

I think Arma Hobby’s 1:72 FM-2s should fit in :slight_smile:

So I will try to get at least one built (box contains part for 2 kits) before it reaches “Hangar Queens” stage :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This and the P-51, eh? Good luck, I’m looking forward to seeing both at the finish line!

1 Like

And… Ki-84 for Land of the rising sun campaign :wink: … and finished PZL P.11c for Hangar Queen XII… does it mean I’m kinda Arma fanboy?? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

May your tribe increase :-).

1 Like

Well, as I said, this weekend of all weekends I needed to make some progress on the big SBD-3. Here it is:

Instrument panel and rear bulkhead just sitting in place.

3 Likes

Nice. Looks like the pilot is in there pretty snugly.