NEWS: New “Ukrainian Army” Vehicle models

No it isn’t. Germany has supplied 18 x 2A6s.

This was well documented when the German Chancellor announced the decision to supply 14 x 2A6s. Somehow this has become 18, but I doubt Ukraine will mind too much.

2 Likes

Plus 3 from Portugal (ex Dutch Army). Norway is also donating 2A4, but I don’t know how many. Btw, the photo SableLiger has posted looks very much like also former Koninglijke Landmacht Leopard 2A6

Personally, I still prefer Border’s Leo 2A5/6 over RFM’s. You get so many more options and extra parts. Here’s a good comparison review of it:

As to Tamiya, I agree that it’s an easy build with perfect fit - however, it is a bit simplified; showing its age; and by the time you add PE basket, etc. it’s more expensive than Border’s or RFM’s, when the other ones come with all kinds of bells and whistles.

3 Likes

You might want to hang on making a Ukr one at the moment! It looks like they are adding ERA blocks to the A4s at least and I wouldn’t be surprised to find this on the A6 hulls.

3 Likes

That is weird seeing Soviet/Russian ERA blocks on a German tank.
Ken

Hopefully; this addition will further protect the front ammunition hold from a catastrophic detonation as seen on Turkish 2A4s in Syria.

1 Like

I am guessing they are adding the frontal blocks because of past video evidence.

1 Like

I remember that video now also. ya know,if only Russia had video evidence of past miss use of how not to use any tank in an advance on another position. Crazy, you can pull up a serious amount of syria videos and watch how things fell apart each time.

Oh well, I guess watching the latest music videos will be helpful for everyone.

1 Like

One of my favs. Lets funnel down a narrow alley, what can go wrong.

I like in the beginning, here you go first and I will protect you at 2:53. love all the zero use in beginning of frontal armor protection. battefield 3 players?

1 Like

Turkish Leos were notr properly used you don’t send in tanks with out infantry

Yes as always I guess. And were those early leopard variants as well? Are they not as well protected in the frontal hull area as later models ? Curious

They don’t have hull compartmentalized ammo storage.

Oh ok. I heard that the Turks were using older variants of the Leopard.

I’m not sure if the current versions are any better protected in that area.

Current versions can be equipped with additional armor on the front of the hull, like this Spanish Leo.

But having compartmentalized ammo is a better solution if a penetration happens

I dunno how the ammo on the rear of the turret is set up, but looks like radios on the left side of the rear turret. IMHO; they should’ve kept the whole Ammo hold on the back of the turretm like on the Abrams, with the radios placed on the front hull.

Just my .2

grafik

Seen on modelling-armour-in-ukraine-crisis, and some more.