NOT a tank destroyer campaign

I’m interested and I have the Anti-Tank weapons kits, but currently I have a few other Campaigns to complete first and I’m undecided on how large a scope I want to commit to this…a vehicle or just a figure with an AT weapon.

So I enrolled as “Interested” for now.

Well, looks like I’ll have to make the TOW-armed Prius a reality now.

2 Likes

What? You can’t afford a Tesla ???

ducks

1 Like

This is where I am too.I have a number of other commitments so need to see how quickly I can get those done. I have a few things that could work. I am leaning towards a Kettenkrad towed 3.7cm PaK 36 but I also have a PaK40 and a 88mm Flak 36 in the stash.

i pushed the start date out to oct 1…

4 Likes

@phil2015 I guess I am confused as to how involved one has to be in this Campaign based on the rules.

Can one just enter a 1/35 M72 LAW or AT-4 and complete the Campaign, meaning it just takes one day to paint something and get awarded? I don’t want to cheat the rules into thinking it’s that simple to complete the Campaign with one tiny 1/35 rocket launcher or a 1/35 Anti-tank mine (and not one figure).

And it’s also very subjective as the M72 LAW might not kill a tank, but the AT-4 might.

I would be in but I am struggling on how to model Russian logistical ineptitude

How about Nancy Pelosi running nude except for a Kevlar and carrying a Javalin.

Hmmm. That’s actually a good question. I was assuming for a man portable AT device, you would show it crewed. I envisioned a guy aiming a bazooka or some such.

It is very subjective, but I think something intended to destroy a tank would be fine.

I believe this kind of started with people coming up with anti-tank weapons and trying to enter them in a tank destroyer campaign - things that were for destroying tanks but weren’t properly tank destroyers. And a lot of those were weird contraptions. So I kicked this off to pick up those weird ideas. AND then it seems to me we should keep this pretty loose in terms of requirements.

But the campaign is for folks to build and paint something they want to have done. Something so simple as your example seems not the point, it seems we want to be building stuff, but I’m open to hear others thoughts on it.

2 Likes

My opinion is that it needs to be a model kit with multiple parts. So a single mine or At-4 would not cut it, where as an infantry man carrying them would.

I kind of agree that it should be more than just a painted anti-tank mine or single painted Bazooka, etc. A figure carrying them, or where they are fitted to a vehicle like the photos early on is more to the point.

I see a stand alone TOW unit as probably sufficient parts to allow the figure to be excluded. It would probably have more parts than a figure anyway.

What do you guys think about something like a M3 halftrack with M1A1 anti-tank mines in the rack on the side? Not a dedicated TD but the intent is there with the mines. This might suit some guys.

Personally I do not think it would apply. Was the vehicle designed for the TD role? Was there a specific version of the vehicle specced for this task or is it just a M3 that happens to have a rack bolted on. Now an M3 Motor Gun Carriage would absolutely fit the bill.

2 Likes

The halftrack raises questions - the racks are there by design, but the intent is an all-round vehicle to transport troops who might occasionally need to mine a route.

But what scares me is the image of Nancy Pelosi - please pass the mental floss!

2 Likes

What about a Land Rover Wolf with the MILAN fitted ?

I am on for this one. Maybe a PAK of some sort in the stash. Maybe a tank hunter team. We will see :slight_smile: Plenty of time to decide.

OK, that makes sense to build a kit or a figure with an Anti-Tank (AT) weapon and not just paint one AT piece to complete the Campaign. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for ruining my plan. I would have gotten away with it if not for you meddeling kids.

5 Likes

I have an old DML kit in my stash here Im sure would fit the bill. Its a horse pulling a cart filled with several Panzerfausts and German bazookas. Accompied by an anti-tank team.

1 Like

Please click on going!

Actually everyone who thinks they will build something, please click on going. I made it 9 months and set the start in Q3 so folks can finish up other projects and plan for this. But we still need to see some commitment to transition it to a real group build, please.

2 Likes

OK, thanks for changing the date. I am “in” for now… :grinning: