NOT a tank destroyer campaign

I’ll jump on this one if I may. Not sure what yet but it will definitely be man portable.

Is there any rule to wait for the Campaign start? Can one start now, post online, and still obtain the reward?

Thanks in advance.

I don’t think there is a rule per say but the spirit to start on the day selected. I wouldn’t have an issue as it would give people more time to build/strike when the iron is hot however that is a Phil question as he is this campaign’s leader.

Well, I think we should stick with the tradition of having a start date and starting our builds then…

1 Like

@phil2015 OK, fair enough. Thanks.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhttttttt…

The start date came and went and I didn’t notice. Ahem. Perhaps we can get a mod to move this into an active campaign from the staging area?

I’m game for this. I might try the Donkey-Faust that @petbat posted. Otherwise it will be something along the lines of a HMMV or MUTT with a TOW.

Happy Modeling,
zon

1 Like

Oh campaign guru @SSGToms, your presence is requested.

1 Like

Happy to oblige. Done. Campaign active.

2 Likes

I’m in with a 3D printed 1/16 Ukrainian NLAW gunner.

I may not include the base and the flag and just build and paint the NLAW gunner and create my own base and groundwork.

4 Likes

I have similar 1/35 3D printed figure from James Lee
without base.

Not sure if I will do for this campaign but I thinking about painting the figure like this.

Look forward to seeing your project progress.

1 Like

I’m thinking of this kit. Is this sufficiently NOT a tank destroyer? I’m the mod, it seems pretty obviously not to me, but I don’t want to presume…

And secondly, has anyone built this kit? I fear it might be a headache which I don’t really need. But I love the vehicle!

SdKfz 10 was never intended to have a PAK mounted on it, so I would call it cobbled together to meet a need. My vote is yes it fits.

Okay. With the temps here up at 35 - 37 degrees C (95 F) for the last few days, and humidity punching well above 80%, painting is off the radar. So time to start another build. My entry here:

Going to see if Horror Boss can redeem itself after the dismal offerings I have endured previously from them.

5 Likes

I am joining with this one. Definitely not a tank destroyer, but definitely has the ability to kill a tank - both direct and indirect fire.

I have found some cool pictures of one in Ukrainian service with a cool camouflage, so I am going for that.

More to follow soon :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not a lot of action … I could throw this one into the ring ?

Maybe start it when I get home after work ?

1 Like

I hope its ok lol… I just ordered the same but the .50 HMG version

1 Like

Plastic has been cut and glued. The front of the Dana is an extravaganza of handrails and protective guardrails. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Would an M274 Mechanical Mule with a 106mm RR count? If so, I might jump on this one…

2 Likes

I would think so but that’s Phil’s call.

I will attempt James’s figure in the blue camo with the MB figure in UA camo filming him.

3 Likes