Going dunklelgelb with probably green cam over it … :+1:

3 Likes

Base coat is on

And the wheels

And gun on the trail base

Bit of touching in on the wheels and they can be fitted tomorrow

4 Likes

Altogether…

Not sure whether to do random green stripes/strokes or a green stippling effect ??

4 Likes

Gone for the green stripe…

Only doing front cam… Rear will be heavily weathered and roughed up through use… Washes and a few filters next :+1:

6 Likes

Looks great John. The old kit scrubbed up well.

2 Likes

Thanks Peter, hopefully the next few stages will get to where I want it to be once it gets the washes :+1:

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have suffered a major setback.

I ordered my 3D printed 120mm NLAW Ukrainian soldier back in June 2022 and I opened the box this week to start it and I discovered that it is cracked and coming apart at the seams! It doesn’t appear to be shipping damage.

I can use putty to fill the cracks, but instead I requested a full refund, opting not to request a reprint. If I can’t get a full refund, I’ll just take this up as a loss. I don’t know what happened…perhaps the resin wasn’t fully cured. The printed resin skin seems thick enough and it was well packaged.

I don’t see any way to superglue it back as the stresses will tear the figure apart again.

At this stage, I’ll have to see if I have anything else in my stash, buy something else, or withdraw from the campaign.

What do you all think? Should I putty up the cracks and build this figure, or call it a loss? I’m worried that the cracks would expand further in the future if I do build and paint it.

2 Likes

Thats a real split personality … Seriously though, that is a shame as it looks really nicely detailed
Even if you putty it , is it going to increase in size to make it look unrealistic ? Tough choice. Hope you get a refund whatever happens with it

4 Likes

Thanks, Johnny. I was really looking forward to building this.

It isn’t ETSY’s offering (I saw one long ago on ETSY but not in 120mm scale). I purchased this from overseas and a legitimate figure model company.

1 Like

Good thats it a legit company so fingers crossed they will see and understand how defective it is.

4 Likes

I agree with John, probably won’t go well later even if you could fix. With the hole in the leg makes me think they were trying to make a hollow body, maybe some material was left inside that split it up. Best of luck on a refund.

3 Likes

The store offered me a substantial compensation credit coupon and a SOLID 3D replacement figure to prevent cracking.

Honestly, there is nothing in the store that I want besides the NLAW figure so I have no need for a store coupon.

I am wary of the solid printed NLAW figure. While I would really like to build the 120mm NLAW figure, I feel that the resin quality might split or crack again, even if solid. As such, I am leaning towards the full refund which they said they would make a special case for.

Thanks for the advice and replies.

4 Likes

Do that. Safest option.

2 Likes

Good on them for the customer service. Seems a full refund fits your enjoyment of the hobby the best and nothing wrong with that. :+1:

3 Likes

Agree. It shows good customer service on them as well, and better that they offered you choices.

3 Likes

I opted for a solid 3D reprint and the store coupon mainly because they will push my reprint to the front of the queue and ship this weekend. I hope I made the proper choice.

I could have taken the full refund and go to another online store to buy something else.

I do want a 120mm NLAW figure so to opt for another figure would mean a change of plans for this campaign or dropping out.

5 Likes

Kudos for sticking with it and them … :+1:

4 Likes

Arrived yesterday, the top one is what I intend to do for this campaign:

4 Likes

I got the best of both worlds and I received a full refund AND a new 3D printed solid 120mm NLAW figure (incoming).

The store owner didn’t want to force me to buy anything I didn’t want so I took the refund instead of the larger store coupon.

Great overseas Customer Service even after one year from purchase! :grinning:

4 Likes

Credit to them for that and worked out well for you … That’s a win win :+1:

3 Likes