NOT a tank destroyer campaign

Yes that is great customer service. Also, being solid, they accepted the user feedback and went back to R&D basics and fixed a potential flaw in other products.

3 Likes

Now that’s a result … Other manufacturers… Take note :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Dashboard painted and decaled. Engine is attached to it. I don’t think it will really be visible through the side grills so just left it call dark grey.

The aber gun fits, I think. It doesn’t fit exactly the same as the kit part and I’m not sure what will be visible at the base. Should get the whole gun assembly done in the next couple of days.

I’m wondering about the kit tracks. Anyone have experience with them? I see minor makes tracks for the Dragon 250 halftracks which I think have the exact same running gear as this kit. Anyone have experience with them?

2 Likes

I have built several sets of Dragon 250 and 251 tracks. These are the same as the 250. If you take care and only add glue to the centre of where the track pad fits, and don’t let it run down to the tracks pins, you can build them workable so you can get the right sag on them. I cannot see the point of spending money on replacements when the kit ones are fine.

120mm solid 3D resin printed figure holding a NLAW statue.

I painted in most of the basecoat and the primary colors. I still need to shade, wash, drybrush, weather, and detail the paint scheme.

I based it off of these two photos with the various mismatch camouflage pattern clothes.

5 Likes

Squeezing, clamping, cutting, filing, filling, etc…

3 Likes

Painted, washed, drybrushed, detail painted, inked, and Flat Clear Coated. I am essentially finished; however, I will place it on a plinth with groundwork and I will post the final results.

I painted it in such a way as to represent the early weeks of the Ukraine War where Ukrainian soldiers wore a variety of camouflage uniform and gear patterns as they did not receive complete camouflage pattern uniform sets yet.

This 1/16 3-D printed figure’s NLAW is not entirely accurate. I found the front face diameter too large, details missing on the NLAW’s side, and the scope too long; however, it is the only “game in town” for an 120mm NLAW gunner and I’m happy with the results to acquire such a 1/16 modern ATGM figure. It generally looks the part and that’s what counts.

Also, awesome Customer Service from the overseas wargame miniatures online shop. I started late in this “NOT a Tank Destroyer” build campaign and I discovered that my first 120mm NLAW figure was massively cracked in a few places and generally unrepairable and unusable. Not only did the online shop give me a full refund, it 3-D printed me a SOLID 120mm NLAW figure and placed me at the top of their printing queue. I can’t ask for more buyer satisfaction!. :grinning:

I emulated this online photo.

I did not use the 3-D printed base, flag, and APC section that came with the figure.

7 Likes

Looks great, Peter. Super job on the camouflage.

2 Likes

About time for more paint. I have been thinking it was ready for more paint for some time, but kept realizing I should add more parts. I think I’ve put on everything I can have on it and still handle it relatively freely. The rest of the bits look like they’ll get knocked off too easily. I bought an Aber barrel for the gun and it will take some work, so that part of the gun assembly I’ll do and paint separately, but I think I need to paint this much of it now as otherwise there will be parts that just look like plastic visible…

5 Likes

Hey, hey.

The Staghound I entered in the Unfinished Business campaign is in the home stretch so I am looking to start a couple more easy models on which to practice painting and weathering techniques. :slightly_smiling_face: Browsing through campaign threads for inspiration, I noticed the Tamiya PaK 40 here.

Would it be okay to enter another Tamiya PaK 40 in this campaign? Six weeks should be enough time for a small model. One can hope.

1 Like

Absolutely!

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply, Phil! That is great. I will order one now. It should arrive in a couple days.

Finished!

The base is a premade Gamers Grass resin base that comes complete with grass tufts, basing materials, rocks, etc…just superglue the figure on it. I painted the base’s edge silver.

Original 3D printed figure kit with flag, base, and back wall that I did not use.

My Ukrainian 120mm 3D printed solid resin figure is based on this photo when Ukrainian soldiers wore a mismatch of camouflage uniforms in the early parts of the war. While the NLAW isn’t totally accurate, it is the only 120mm modern missile gunner resin figure that I can find on the market and I am happy with the results.

3 Likes

Sweet! What is the diameter of that base?

1 Like

Looks good with the base. :+1:

Interestingly enough my 1/35 NLAW figure will be painted like the gentleman behind yours in the dark blue utilities and desert digi vest.

2 Likes

The base is 60mm. Gamers Grass sells other diameter bases from 30mm to 120mm and I believe 170mm as well.

All the groundwork, tufts, and materials are very securely glued onto the premade base = no assembly required. Amazon sells these premade bases.

Thanks for the compliments. :grinning:

1 Like

good to know. I’ve been building up bases of about that diameter from mdf. will try these.

1 Like

Thought I better stop procrastinating on the Land Rover and start the detail painting. Using old style drybrushing and pin washes. Call me a dinosaur if you want:

6 Likes

So anyway Petbatasaurus … :grin: …Thats looking mighty fine … looking forward to doing mine now … will need to reread your posts for any issues with it.

2 Likes

Hitting @Petition2God figure with a primer coat.

5 Likes