Oddities of the German Language

First off, the title of the thread is very concise. It let’s the reader know that the subject is probably not truck, railroad, or decal related. I tend to read titles to threads before I read them only to find out they’re not related to strippers or silent films from the 20’s, thus avoiding some bit of disappointment.
As for the genius of Gino’s moderating skills - remember this thread?

Due to Gino’s disdain for the title of the thread, and subsequently changing it, Kraftstoff (who by any measure is one hell of a modeler) no longer contributes to the forum. You’ll notice further down the thread he doesn’t even respond to your request for more photos.
He also pointedly ignores you in another Railroad thread why he hasn’t posted in a while.
I"m not speaking out of turn here - we’ve communicated since then and he has authorized me to say the whole Gino incident - changing the title to his thread because Gino didn’t like it, pit him off in a big way.
To other modelers have quit the site for different reasons, but same guy.
I’d suggest to anyone who doesn’t care for the content of a thread - don’t read it. If it wanders off in a tangent as many do, who cares? It’s a modeling site, not a cancer curing forum.
I imagine advertisers don’t care either, as long as you’re clicking on the thread to see what it’s all about, But when readership declines and interesting, talented people no longer post, we all suffer.

2 Likes