Beautiful figs as always JR !!!

Thanks bucko,
J

Superb work. Love the dour face.

1 Like

Thank you sir,
J

1 Like

It could be me, but I think the bayonet looks a bit dull? I expect more of shiney edge…

Beautiful!
Dave :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

“OOT , OOT, SPREAD OOT !!”
“We’re through the bloody hedge now git your intervals !”
Troops from the 15th Scottish Division advance towards Hill112 in June’44, Normandy.

9 Likes

“Where’s the Bren corporal?”

9 Likes

Not “Bring up the PIAT!”? :wink:

No the issue “pigsticker” for the No 4 was painted (Parkerised?) black. Dull is correct.

2 Likes

They have just got disorganized going through the hedges and now the number two Bren gunner is looking for his guy.
J

1 Like

Yes true. I haven’t managed yet to get the balance between shiny and blackened. But I think I am getting closer.
J

2 Likes

14 Likes

Amazingly beautiful work Jerry. Fantastic sculpturing of the figures and poses. I just can hear them moving in to the attack…

1 Like

Hopefully they are tactically near the rolling barrage so it would be hard to hear anything ! But you could still prolly hear the NCOs screaming about intervals ! Thanks buddy.
J

1 Like

I thought some may enjoy surround sound views of the figs I detailed for my last set of guys I used in my last dio.

This is a Bronco fig with stance modified and given rolled up sleeves. Dragon Helmet and Miniart kit. I built the canvas cover for the 2 inch mortar from lead foil. Rolled blanket is putty.

A Rado fig on left. On him I added a rifle sling and scrim and made the 2 bandoliers from putty The other guy is Tamiya with Hornet head and Miniart kit. Dragon helmet.

I had other figs to photograph but my camera took a dump,
J

16 Likes

These are just lovely to behold, lifelike stances and beautiful all around

Thank you sir. Happy you liked them.
J

The detail of the rolled up sleeves on the mortar carrier being at different lengths depending on arm bend is one of many examples of your exquisite attention to detail.

THANKS MATEY.
I stumbled across an easy way to make rolled up sleeves. Since the hands from Hornet include a good portion of lower arm on them I just cut the arms off at the correct length and drilled a hole in the stump, inserted the hands with wrists and boom ! Just had to sculpt the sleeve ends.

I made a boo boo here by putting the v cut in the cuff in the front whereas the real one is in the back so I changed it.

10 Likes