Operation "Epsom" details

Yes very useful.
Thanks for posting,
J

1 Like

Wellllā€¦the first and third from the left are the original release from a few months ago.
I used them for one of my scenes after I modified the Tommy a bit. The German tanker I turned into a German Infantryman that looks much like the newer release second from the left.

Rado and I converse on a regular basis so there is some back and forth going on yes.
The guy on the right is all new and a very nicely sculpted figure I think. Nice relaxed pose.
J

11 Likes

My first panzerman for quite a while. I needed a Stug for the Marcelet scene.
Dragon head and torso from the ā€œKurskā€ set.

I got to try out my new ā€œToolzā€ punch and die set to make the hat disc and earphones.

And after a quick visit to the paint roller shop.

15 Likes

Looks awesome. So life like

thanks buddy!

Outstanding looking stug commander Jerry, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:, and can we please see some wider views showing the stug as a whole, :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:.

Iā€™ve been contemplating investing is the ā€˜Toolzā€™ punch and die set, not cheap, but would you recommend it?

G, :beer:

Thanks G. I will provide more pics later after I do some more damage to the Stuggy.
I recommend the Toolz set highly. Nice sturdy construction. There are 2 sets, the large diameter and smaller one. I still have a nice working bigger caliber set by another firm from decades ago but my small one wore out from use and abuse and rust!
So I went with this one

1 Like

I have been following your development since you started your project. Only now do I find the courage to express an opinion.
Excuse me, what you are doing is on the verge of my notions of modeling.
On the 35th scale, remaking the figures so that they are not the same is ā€¦ impressive.
Congratulations!
Kalin

Nice to see you breaking your radio silence my new friend. Thanks for the very generous comments.
J

Great work on the tanker, Jerry, and the Brit with Jerri in front.

Lovely work! The panzer figure look awesome!

Thanks Ski!!
J

Thank you Sir! Thanks for commenting,
J

Congratulations, I read the whole post, great work :star_struck:

Thank you Sir! That must have taken quite a while,
J

A counterattack is launched from around the vicinity of Marcelet. The aim is to restore the main battle line in St Manvieu and rescue the remnants of Kraussā€™ strongpoint. The remains of the First Company,26 $$ PzGrenRegt and a few Stugs from the 21st PzDiv are the instruments used.
Operation Epsom,Juneā€™44.

16 Likes

Awesome Jerry! Love it

Thnks man!
J

Holy smokes!!! I had missed all this thread until now and just went thru it all from start to this point. Simply fantastic modeling and photography!!! Adding in the historical narrative and the figures spoken captions and this is truly amazing to behold. My mind filled in the sounds and feelings of each scene. Inspirational and intimidating at the same time. I would be overjoyed to pull off one such vignette at half your skill level, yet you keep turning them out non stop. In conclusion, please keep it coming. This has been a fabulous visual miniatures tale and I donā€™t want it to stop. Even though I know it eventually must.

1 Like

First off,welcome aboard Airborne!
Very impressive that you read the whole thread. Mustā€™ve taken a while!
I intend to keep it up at least until the Hill112 time period,which is the second day of Epsom. The end of the first morning is where I am right now. The third publication of this series is about to be released in AFV Modeler on the 18th. Downloading just my article costs about a buck 70 I think. I have no affiliation with the magazine.
Thanks for the very kind comments BTW,
J