Opinions on Trumpeter 01022 - M901 Launching Station & AN/MPQ-53 Radar set of MIM-104

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for opinions on the above said Trumpeter model 01022 - is it worth in general, how is the quality of the model compared to more recent Trumpeter ones’, how easy it is to build, how accurate it is and so on?
The only reference I can find here is this, which is not really very helpful in answering my questions.
I can get it immediately from my local model store (and I prefer to get it from them, you know) so I am wondering if there is another kit that is massively better than the said one?

1 Like

I’ve built both and they are great kits. Pretty easy builds and very accurate.

PATRIOT PAC-3 Launcher and AN/MPQ-53 Radar - PATRIOT PAC-3 Battery Vehicles Build #1 and #2 - Armor/AFV / Modern - KitMaker Network

2 Likes

Do you have a specific version/country in mind for your build or you just want to build a Patriot system?

2 Likes

Not really. I just want to enjoy building it :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Then go for it, as Gino mentioned above, it is pretty accurate, I have the kit too. If you want specific sprue shots or anything I can take photos.

2 Likes

To be honest - my local store have both of these kits in stock so I am really considering purchasing both :star_struck:

4 Likes

I would try to find a HEMTT M983 to go with the PATRIOT

3 Likes

Or two. Both the launcher and radar are pulled by M983 HEMTTs.

4 Likes

I cheaped out and did not buy the M983s when I got the set and regret it ever since.

Those are hard to find kits now for me…

1 Like

I’ve seen a couple pulled by MAN’s in my AO one in NATO color and the other in IDF coloring.

1 Like

I should have qualified that. The US versions are both pulled by HEMTT tractors. Other countries use other tractors.

1 Like