Past Photography shooting of models and guns to building models and guns

shooting objects. shot this inside with a white posted board and source of light coming from above.

A video that can explain the basics pretty fast and show with examples really fast the results during manipulation of settings. 6 million views. Might be pretty good.

A video showing how to light multiple images with strobes. Again, many things can be done to get to the same ending of a photo. Using different F stops as shown above did the same thing. However, this allows you to play with light at night against your object instead of painting with light.

A few edits here. Most shot with either a T3i, 60D, 6D, 7D, or 1Dmarkiii. most car shots used the T3i or 60d because of the pop out screen.

using no strobes of any kind.

Using multiple strobes all in a single shot.

Tricky shot, multiple stobes in one shot but multiple angles of light sources.

single shot of a static car with everything else done in PS

shot outdoors near high noon. single shot, no layers, just PSing on the top roof of a car garage.

two strobes

all natural one shot, no strobes. no layers.

Er, all well and good but what the hell is this doing on Armorama?

I suggest reading categories and titles if your having trouble putting it together.

Felix Hernandez, his work got me to switch to model building and object photography. If your a really good model builder and wonder what toy photography can turn into. His Star Wars and COD pics have me fine tuning my PS skills to further make use of some of the models I build.

Audi Asks Photographer To Photograph Their $160,000 Sports Car, He Uses $40 Miniature Toy Car Instead

381Kviews

Tom
Community member

When Audi commissioned photographer Felix Hernandez Rodriguez (previously here) to photograph their sports car Audi R8, we knew that something wasn’t right. Turns out, he shot the $160,000 car by using a $40 scale model!

The most amazing part? He didn’t even use Photoshop. Everything was done using miniature models, props, lighting and in-camera effects.

If you’re starting to feel like you cannot trust anything you see anymore, you are not being paranoid. Check out our previous post ‘15+ Pics That Show Photography Is The Biggest Lie Ever‘ to see what we mean. (h/t)

More info: hernandezdreamphography.com

Audi Asks Photographer To Photograph Their $160,000 Sports Car, He Uses $40 Miniature Toy Car Instead

His Star Wars toy shots.

1 Like

Most of my shooting involved higher end cameras. I bought a Sony 6100 which can be had for about $400 used now. With that camera and learning PS and LR all the above could be done if you take the time to learn the programs.

$20 toy with the kit lens.

2 Likes

Some old mish mashing of layers practicing in PS. Grabbed a pic from a old Lambo shoot and brought it into a “open source” stock pic.

little bit of practice using another open source image and combining with a pic I took. Multiple uses of LR and PS to bring the image onto the windows of the building.

Hopefully with the right model can build a scene like this. one of Felix’s COD pics.

If you one might be wanting to learn PS CC and take your photography and creativity to the next level I would recommend this site for a way to learn at your own pace.

As we always tend to talk of Adobe Photoshop as the end all, and be all, of image editing software let me also mention GIMP. This is a FREE,* open source, online download, NOT a subscription, available in both PC and Mac formats that will literally do 98% of everything PS will do and maybe even a few things PS won’t do.

Ever since my current Mac got too old to run the current PS subscription software, (well over five years ago) I have been faithfully using GIMP and am very satisfied with it to the extreme. I use it everyday!

p.s. Feel free to take the PS training classes because the PS and GIMP gooey interfaces are very similar so you won’t be wasting your time!

*Please do not ask me how these GIMP people make their money on this because I do not know!

NOT an Advertisement just a Recommendation"

Besides how can it be advertising when this is something that is FREE?

1 Like

Well that’s good to know. I personally can’t stand that Adobe (and the rest of the software world) moved to a subscription model. Now I don’t own the software and I pay 2x or more the old purchase price per year. Tired of it.

2 Likes

Agreed!

Same BS with Quickbooks . Ditched it and hand my accountant hand written notebook - I now pay them to do the Quickbooks stuff and it’s cheaper.

Well (IMHO) my experience with PS was even worse because I went to them and said “I want to subscribe.” Their answer was: “Your computer is too old, we refuse to support that, buy a new one and we will talk.”

I am grandfathered in at $10 a month since 2012 for Adobe photoshop, lightroom, and video editing. So its pretty much nothing for me.

I would think that Udemy would have teaching programs for GIMP.

But yes, Adobe is very taxing on your computer.

1 Like