Phantoms 60 Campaign

Welcome to the Official Phantom 60 Campaign on the new KitMaker/Aeroscale forums! This campaign will run until June 1, 2021. Post your campaign related discussion and pictures here. It’s been a great campaign so far!

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Already added to original site but here is my finished build on the new site

2 Likes

OK, trying to post my first picture to the new forum. Here’s the Z-M F-4E with the kit instrument panel and console decals applied and an application of flat coat. Looks like I messed up on the left front console a bit, but otherwise I think they turned out alright.

2 Likes

Nice! Really nice!

You look much different on this forum than on the previous one. Were you much younger back then? :grin:

Thanks Phil.

As for how I look, aside from the picture on the old site being of a different person, they were taken in generally the same place!

I didn’t see a reply on the ‘Old’ forum so posting this here.

[quote]Hello all.

Been on KM for a bit but the last few years mostly been just lurking until I noticed this 60th Anny GB. Having been a Phantom Phan Phorever I would love to join in! I have in the stash a number of F-4’s but would like to participate with the 1/48 classic ESCI/Scalecraft F-4E, 1981 boxing. Now, I got this as a bagged kit but that shouldn’t matter. I have a Hi-Decal sheet on order and plenty of extraneous Academy & Hasegawa bits to spiffy it up. I would also have to figure out (again) how to put up photos! LOL :-H [/quote]

Actually, posting pictures on the new forum is much easier. Just click on the picture looking icon above where you’re typing your message (if you hover over it, it’s says “upload”) and it will allow you to upload a pic straight from the hard drive on your computer.

Welcome aboard, looking forward to your build. And we’re glad to lure you out of your lurking mode!

1 Like

Michael the cockpit is looking good. Look forward to more.

Pete

That is great news!! I will get some start photos up this weekend! :sunglasses:

That stick actuator office is looking spiffy!

Some pics of my build start:

The Eduard FOD & bang seat belts I am just using as examples to fashion my own. :grimacing:

1 Like

May I join the festivities?

I’ve got the Zoukei Mira USMC F-4J with a boatload of after market in the que.

Can you ever have to many Phantoms in a campaign … jump right in … and welcome to the madness.

1 Like

Some progress on my F-4S:

Primož

2 Likes

Painting The VMFA-232 scheme was not an easy task. I tested many colors for thih paint scheme but finaly decided to do some mixing by myself. Colors of these naval aircrafts changed rapidly due to weather. So I painted the model with washed dull blue colors. I also sprayed on anti slip surfaces because the decal was printed in dark blue gray. Here it is!

Cheers!
Primoz

1 Like

That looks really great!

Here’s all the Phantom stuff.
Just have to decide between VMFA 212 or VMFA-334.

2 Likes

Sweet. Looks like you’ve got quite a stash of aftermarket stuff for this! That’s at least two ZM phantoms in this campaign - should be great!

:grinning:

This should be fun.

Some really nice looking builds going on

Pete