Railroad Campaign (s), Anyone?

CQ

Update: The campaign thread is up and running: Inaugural Railway Campaign official thread

Who is up for a campaign or two here at RRM? I’m open for ideas. Two ideas I have is build a station or depot, or a rail car.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I would like to do something like that. I have a mini-art gondola car I’d like to build. A group build would be a good incentive.

2 Likes

Hi Phil,

I have a few subjects. The moist recent one is a 1/72 Panzerzug with a 2cm Flakvierling 38.

This campaign would, of course, be open to civilian subjects, too.

1 Like

I’ll participate in this.

1 Like

Welcome Kosprueone!

I am way ahead. No rolling stock in stock for me anymore while my current project is entering the stage that starts to warrant a base plate…

Understand. You have some railroad cars looking to join that diorama of yours. But if you reconsider, you will be welcomed to participate.

Hi Fred, funny enough I just received an old Athearn blue-box GP38-2 shell that will replace the shell on a GP40-2 to make one of the LIRR’s '38s! But I’m not sure exactly when I’ll get round to it so it depends on your timescales. (My AMS with trains got fairly intense over the years, we’re looking at a ton of super-detailing needed…)

The unwanted '40 will donate its cab to another '38 that for some reason was fitted with a Canadian-style wide cab by a previous owner, but that’s a whole 'nother project.

I do have Leopold in my stash, but I doubt I will be able to start it before the campaign ends, with everything I have in mind.

Hi Erwin,

Actually, you may be able to start the Leopold. I am planning multiple campaigns, staggered as necessary. The original post is to gauge interest and to “run it up the flagpole to see who salutes.”

Three ideas I have are:

1. Rolling stock (freight cars/passenger cars/non-revenue cars, military/civil)
  2. Lineside Structures (stations/bahnhofs/depots/water towers/fuel depots/bridges, etc.)
  3. Locomotives
    Start date for each of them undecided. I can plan to start the one you would build Leopold when you have the time. Your thoughts?
1 Like
  1. Rolling Stock, would be my primary interest in this
    1. then lineside structures would be a close second or maybe a secondary build in the campaign…

I just saw this post.

You know that you can count me in Fred. I would be more than happy and excited to take part in a railroad campaign. :slight_smile:

Thank you,
Randy :slight_smile:

The main problem will be the available space. If that would not be the case, I might have entered. On the other hand, if rail infra is an option, I might put a piece of rails in a project I have already in mind! Fire away! Or better: all aboard!!!

Untitled

2 Likes

I’m still interested…

Hi Gents,

Let’s do it. What shall we do? Rail car, lineside structure, or a railroad related subject of each ones’ choice? I will build a German armored train flakwagen. If I finish it quickly, I have a craftsman kit to build :wave:.

1 Like

I’ll build something locomotive in narrow gauge or locotractor in 1/35 or also narrow gauge or just something weird and functional on rail

1 Like

If you do a rail car campaign I have one. I also have a tram car. When do we start?

1 Like

I have no idea what to build. :frowning:

mknbkiyu

Something like this maybe…

hgh

I have no idea…but I will come up with something.

Thanks,
Randy

Hi Phil, Randy,

How about we set the date for…this weekend, the 15th?

End date? What do you think, assigning an end date does that help spur us along, or Bean is that this might be a rather small one should, should we leave it kind of open-ended? Your choice gentleman. Also if you know anybody else on the site that’s interested in trains, let’s invite them. I know KoSprueOne is interested. A few others out there who are into trains and I’ll hunt them down and invite them.

I think that after I build the armored train, I will work on an HO Maintenance of Way Derrick Car. And then…I am very stoked to assemble a Craftsman car from Binkley from way back when. It’s a paymaster’s car. I can show you a picture what it looks like. When I went down to the layout tours last weekend, one of the two rivers was at a place I’ve been operating sessions before, and he has one that he built in Germany back in the 60s or 70s. I’ve always wanted one and I finally tracked one down. It’s just a cool car.

All my best, Fred