RFM Challenger 2, OOB, Berlin Camo’, Finished!

Thanks DV!

Go for it, the Berlin scheme looks great on the shelf, however I take absolutely no responsibility for the toll it may take on your sanity!

Cheers, J.

1 Like

Looking really good! :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

I hear ya on that. Worried that I might test the aerodynamics if I get frustrated or pooch it. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks @Spearhead01

Yeah @Armorsmith, tanks can fly, I’ve seen it first hand, but the landing is never pretty!

1 Like

And for exactly the same reason it has convinced me never to attempt it… As I can guarantee the tank would fly…lol.

It is looking splendid though Jim, once more you have mastered the Berlin Cam…you should take it up as a part time job for the modelling community :grin::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks John,

I think I will be moving on to mono schemes for a while after this one, just had to scratch that itch one more time. Got the B-wing ready for paint and the AH-1Z for the rotary wing campaign, so nice and straightforward finishes on them. Although making single colour finishes look interesting has its own challenges… well we don’t do this because it’s easy! Ha!

Cheers, J.

1 Like

Looking awesome Jim!

tanks can fly

2021_02_19_13r_Kleki

3 Likes

Thanks Ezra,

That’s excellent! Looks like he’s going to catch the first wire on that landing. I bet the steam catapult was turned all the way up to 11 for launch though! Ha!

Cheers, J.

2 Likes

Looks like T-90. Was this photo shopped?

2 Likes

I fully agree, I know something having done the Chieftain

1 Like

Bet it voids the 3 yeara/36,000 mile warranty, photo shopped or not…wink

3 Likes

If you thought that the masking for this was a PITA this is a whole new level.

8 Likes

Do you get a straight jacket and padded cell included ??

3 Likes

Yes and unlimited supplies of anti-depressants LOL

3 Likes

I knew somebody would take that on, I’m just glad it wasn’t me! Thanks for posting that cats, always good to know there is someone dafter than us! Ha!

First bit of weathering done. A wash with abteilung abt510 starship filth oil paint thinned with abteilung odourless thinner. I applied this as a panel line and pin wash, allowed to dry for half an hour or so, the used a small brush and plenty of thinner to blend and use as a filter. This colour works well with this particular three tone camo and leaves a nice grubby finish.

I’m almost tempted to have this weathered the same as the chieftain, not very that is, to match each other on the shelf. Hhmmmnnn…

Cheers, Jim.

8 Likes

Nice wash, looks effective on the engine decks :+1:

1 Like

Looking good .
The (RTR) eyes have it LOL.
My grandaughter denies all knowledge regarding the whereabouts of my decal sheet, hey ho.

2 Likes

Thanks John, Thanks Cats.

Yeah the eyes are good. The three stripes on the gun makes it look like an Adidas tank!

The turret is just about finished. Added some colour to the vision blocks with a purple confetti that I sprayed about 15 coats of tamiya smoke onto. Still have the other optics to do, and the antennas.

Some AK light dust deposits used as a wash, filter and for some streaking on the sides too. The weathering doesn’t show in the pics very well, but is more obvious to the naked eye. I don’t want to over weather for the sake of the pictures!

I’m working on the hull, and trying not to overdo that too, and trying to make the weathering look homogeneous when any colour I use dries to completely different colours on each of the three camo colours! Getting there though…

Cheers, Jim.

7 Likes

I wonder why my last post was flagged. Nothing offensive. Any moderators available to look into it?

Maybe a phone fat finger? I know I have accidentally come close to that myself. Hope it wasn’t me.

3 Likes