Santa's goodies

Hi Erwin,

My figure painting skills are terrible so best to leave dioramas to the experts. I may be brave enough to try an old Verlinden “middle east” style building in the background.

1 Like

A modelling friend found Mengs A7V and thought of me, so I now have that on the to do list! Gonna try to source some engines for it, there are 3D printed ones available, but may try to track down a set of the resin ones Meng has.

1 Like

I always find it a pity if people do derogatory about their own skills. I thought I was not capable too, but for a large project, I wanted 40(!) figures. I therefore had no choice but to try and see how far my trying would take me…
This was my first try ever:

What I try to say, is that with patience, and care you can do it…

4 Likes

Looks like you off of an excellent start with the figures! Is there a build thread on your project?

Fair enough on the derogatory skills comment. I should have phrased it as my AFV painting skills greatly exceed my figure face painting skills.

1 Like

@Johnnych01 I have 2 already the bandai and revell versions lol

2 Likes

Good morning (?)

I do not have a armorama build threat (was not very active at that moment, and the project finished in 2019)
I the pics I took are either on scalemates (both WIP and final)

Or on the old Armorama forum (only final):
https://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=280411&page=1

My current project will also be a big one, with 9 rail vehicles and 2 road vehicles (at least). I have not determined the total number of figs yet, but it will exceed 10, probably 20…

1 Like

Erwin, wow wow those are insane projects!!

They put a smile on my face and make me bubble with enthusiasm! Before becoming a member here as a lurker; I’d seen the Morser Karl thread and told a friend thats into artillery about the Karl build and,suggested he check it out.

LASST IHN SASSEN reminds me of the magnitudes of the dios build we used to see Bob Letterman do. Your’s is amazing!

Thank you Wade. I do enjoy my project, but I also am happy to see people like what I am doing… It is the icing on the proverbial cake… The BR-52 project was started (with another engine, but that dropped out of favor) long ago, before we had children. Having put building to the side for about 9 years, I finally picked it up and decided not to do any other building before I finished this one (I always had multiple builds going and actually never finished any plans I had). So this is actually a many of firsts for me… First dio, first train, first figures… After that I did some smaller dio’s. One was copying a picture from Dutch history:

Which became this:

(The turret has been rotated to portray it correctly in the mean time)
Then a 1:32 Mustang:

And, before I started Karl, I did another big arty piece: a German 355mm M1 Howitzer (also interesting maybe for your friend):

I just uploaded a pic of Karl with his new shoes to check out, by the way :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Santa was very generous to me, an rfm Chally 2 so I can drive myself to distraction again with an urban camo scheme. And my first RC car that gave me so much pleasure as an 11 year old, I can’t believe my reminiscing paid off!

7 Likes

Lovely booty!

Hi Erwin,

You being good, am I hearing things, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:?

Cheers, :beer:,

G

Aparently? I was surprised too, as I was not aware of it either!

Hi all,

Great topic Erwin.

My Christmas modelling related goodies, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, and a happy New Year to one and all, :beer:,

G

4 Likes

Wow, you must have been way nicer than me, or black mailed santa!

2 Likes

Hi Erwin,

It helps to be sleeping with Mrs. Claus, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

3 Likes

Must be a different Mrs. Claus than the one I ly next to each night! :thinking:

1 Like

A Santa that looks a lot like me got me this. :smiley:

6 Likes

And my first post using my phone taking a picture actually in this editor and this is my first reply using voice recognition. Yay. Got a love technology.

2 Likes

You are your own santa? Then you always get what you put on your list… Comfy!

2 Likes

My Christmas deliveries, so far:

Still waiting on the Takom M60A1 and a Tamiya Merkava being delivered.

3 Likes