Sci-Fi and Alternative History Campaign IX

Mike, you need more Decaf coffee lol…

2 Likes

:rofl: I recently cut back to :coffee:.5 cup at a weaker “caffeinated” blend. As an old buddy once said: “Decaf? What’s the point?”

—mike :coffee:

2 Likes

Rather awesome and neat little mod- it’s the wee details like this that help make epic builds.

Plus for some reason it reminds me of the old VCR’s that would kind of pop up and half eject the tape!

3 Likes

Sabatuer! :face_with_monocle:

No, just me cutting a pit into the cheese wheel’s floor. :cheese:

The tower is offset to possibly accommodate an access ladder. The pit still needs to open-up by a couple of millimeters. :hocho:

Thank’s for looking!
—mike …:bomb::hole:

5 Likes

@petbat would you consider a video game tank possible for this campaign ? its basically a tiger in a production look before painted in Hull red.

2 Likes

Why not?
https://www.amazon.com/Platz-StuG-Kaba-San-Version-Panzer/dp/B009O5R0QO
https://mykombini.com/en/15544-girls-und-panzer-m3-medium-tank-lee-rabbit-team-finale-package-type-model-kit-135-platz-4545782060089.html
:smiling_imp:
Cheers,

M

Duuude, LOL, I was looking to do that one but was racking my brain just last year because of the flags. So did you build it? Did it come with flags?

I have done a couple of them done my way. and yes, the Sherman tracks have been flipped back to right direction.

Kelly, Jesper @SGTJKJ is the Build leader on this one. It is his call on whether is happy to allow it or not, not mine.

I suspect it will be okay as an 'Alternate History" build.

Sorry, I’ve never seen one in the flesh, they don’t seem to have made it to these nook-shotten shores of Albion… I did find some more info about the kit:

Regards,

M

If you fall in, you’re fired before you hit G Deck!:hole:

I opened-up a package of Styrene du jour (Evergreen Styrene Rod (218) .020” (0.50mm) and found it to contain a piece which I almost threw out last month after it was run-over by my office chair. The resulting shape resembled a spaghetti noodle! :spaghetti: From that, I was able to easily match a section of rod — perfect!:bulb:

B Deck Safety Railing (front section).

The access ladder is from a random scratch-building session last week. I’ll use pieces of that throughout the ship.

Think I’ll have pasta tonight!
—mike … :spaghetti: :grin:

4 Likes

One of the first things I noticed about the turret in this kit is the shape- very much like the basic shape of the turret in T-90 kits (without the additional armor).

For some reason the turret looks a lot busier than it actually is- there are only a few stages to the construction and it’s very straightforward but certainly not lacking in interest.

I should note here that I am keeping the bottom of the turret off for now as I have yet to put the lighting circuit in place and I need access to the inner surface of the upper turret. Luckily doing this doesn’t interfere with the build- the barrel cradles can fall out but they are easily put back in. The bottom of the turret will sandwich them in place and allow the barrels to move up and down.

In the game the turret is pretty featureless on top apart from a hatch and the SAM launchers. In concept art and 3d FMV sequences in the game there is a machine gun on the turret and usually the SAM launchers are revolver cylinder shaped. Some have smoke grenade launchers on the front sides.

So the kit differs by having 3 double vertical stacked SAM launchers, a Gunner and Commander’s hatch, a RWS, a ‘droid’ shaped thing on the right, a rear bustle rack and a sighting device on the left as well as recessed smoke grenade launchers just forward of the SAM launchers.

One problem arose where the frontal armor meets the side armor on the turret- there’s a visible gap on both sides that I plugged with plastic card.

A particular highlight is the MG mounted just behind the Gunner’s hatch- it’s very detailed and looks like an RWS of sorts.

The main guns look awesome too. A multi part affair for each barrel neatly hides the seam joins for each half though the fit is perfect even where you can see the seam.

I feel like the bustle rack is a bit of a letdown though- a weird shape with a slightly under-detailed APU-ish looking thing and a sort of fan device in the middle that has a hollow inner face that I filled. I also used a small piece of brass wire to connect this part to the conduit running across the bottom of the rack from the turret into the APU.

Using a leftover pair of suspension arms I cut two sections off to create antenna bases for the sides of the turret.

Thanks for reading.

10 Likes

Launch Tube Inspection Hatch and Bomb Room Access Door…

“I will be back in one moment. I must inspect the Krupper.” :toilet::face_with_monocle:

“Don’t fall in!” :rofl:

Speaking of “falling in”… cutting that pit took me four tries before getting it right! :hole:

—mike …:bomb:

11 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. Been on three weeks business trip :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

@Mrclark7 , Yes, this is absolutely fine. This is the campaign for that.

3 Likes

6 Likes

half way done on the wheels.

6 Likes

:construction: ‘KLAW Excavating Company’ :construction:
“Excavating is what I do… Now gimme some elbow room!”

:construction: :hammer_and_pick::pick::tractor:… Bzzzzzzz… whirrrrr… scrape… grind… crunch… chomp… clunk… thud…

giphy

Dang machine busted up through A-Deck just to make room for his arm. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Don’t fall in! :hole: :grin:

IMG_0216

A little Bridge home improvement happened today…

Inspektor 172: “Hmmm… I like what you’ve done with the place. … Now where is my chair… and where are my dials? How do you expect me to fly this Dummkopf ship?!” :face_with_monocle:

:flying_saucer::boom::tractor:
—mike

9 Likes

Clark, looks great! Nice progress.

Mike, this project just keeps on giving :slight_smile: It will be uniquely awesome when done.

2 Likes

Working on the preshading.

4 Likes

i know I’m late to the show but i thought I’d have ago with a star wars legion LAAT/ie if that’s alright with you guys

6 Likes

Excellent choice, David! I have made two of these. Super nice kits with nice interiors and pilots. Not very easy to see the interior afterwards, but still very nice.

8 Likes