Sci-Fi and Alternative History Campaign IX

Looks totally “alternatively” feasible to me. :gear::chains::bomb::chains::chains::8ball::gear::bomb::circus_tent: :bomb::bomb::bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

“Petwat, you work for Commandant Rowsproo now.” :face_with_monocle:

—mike :rofl:

3 Likes

It needs to extend beyond the length of the track as it has to push the bomb out of the loading bucket into the receptacle - so it has to be long enough to go past the end of the track and through the chain rack to the edge of the carousel.

2 Likes

Somebody’s been playing too much Mousetrap! :rofl:

I agree with Pete - move the ram up to the bomb room to push bombs off the lift onto the carrousel. There would be another ram at the bottom to load the lift as you originally planned, but that’s below the floor so only Schrödinger and his cat will know if it’s there! As for loading bombs from the hangar to the craft, that’d need something far more complicated and impractical - maybe Dr Porsche can lend some ideas?..

3 Likes

Gotcha’ … slight modification. :hocho: :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike …:flying_saucer:

1 Like

Seeing as I am now on the payroll… :rofl:

The other thing to consider is you have bombs around the entire carousel. If the ramrod is at 3 o’clock and the drop tube is at 7 o’clock, the bomb about to be released will need to be lowered back down as the carousel turns again, for the next bomb to be loaded, so the shutes at 5 and 6 O’clock should likely be fitted partially raised like 10 and 11 until they are horizontal again?

Maybe look at your available space and put the ramrod at 4 o’clock and where the two receptacles are at 5 and 6 o’clock, remove them and have some gizmology in their place to replicate hydraulic lines, pumps, etc to supply the lift on the mechanisms.

3 Likes

Stay tuned. :tv:

2 Likes

Schrödinger! Ruh Row! :mouse::mouse_trap:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, exactly, just the man to come up with an electric drive powered by hydro electric generators and a steam pump ramrod where the water is heated by solar rays…

3 Likes

Okay Peter, here you go… Fixed or failed?

Shortened rail, lengthened cylinder, single piston ramrod.

Keep in mind, the tower excess (approx. three rungs) will be dropped through a floor opening.

—mike …:bomb:

7 Likes

Sehr Gut! :+1: :beers:

2 Likes

Dry-fit, dry-fit, dry-fit…

Here’s the bomb room’s rear wall with portholes and access door. Next, I plan to cut into the deck in order to drop-in the bomb lifting tower. :hocho:

Thinking ahead… I’m gonna’ need rivet decals. :thinking:
Any suggestions now that Archer is out of the picture?

—mike …:bomb:

6 Likes

Micro-mark and Quinta Studio.

1 Like

You might find Archer available. e.g. evilbay (this is via ebay Australia but is a US supplier):

2 Likes

@ Ryan, Thank’s! I see the Micro-Mark sheet has a variety including rivets which might actually work around the portholes. I wonder what the diameters are.

@ Peter, Thank’s! Is there any particular reason you linked to 1/32 scale? Taking a look around eBay to sort-out sizes and spacing. Good to know there’s still some availability.

—mike …:flying_saucer:

Not sure. For what I have heard they are not as good as Archer but only mentioned as they have closed up shop.

1 Like

No. I was not sure how big you wanted them. It was just to show that Archer stuff can still be found.

2 Likes

Please Close Lid After Launch…

I had a minute to work on this little unnecessary but fun to scratch-build detail. :hammer_and_wrench:

Bomb Launch Tube Lid. Location: lower saucer dome below carousel.

The following images are flipped right side down.

Projectile egress! :hole:

“Wait! What?!!” :face_with_monocle:

—mike :grin::flying_saucer:

9 Likes

Inspector inspecting the inspection

Looks great man

2 Likes

Mike, how did you make the hinge arm?

2 Likes

Heated with hot water and then rolled very tightly around a mandrel tool.
• Evergreen Styrene Channel (262) .080” (2.0mm).

You may recall, I did a similar impossible bend for a part here: ‘Scratch Built & Conversions’

—mike :hammer_and_wrench:

2 Likes