Sci-Fi and Alternative History Campaign IX

@Striker, that would fit perfectly. I do not know the kit and am looking forward to see more.

1 Like

Regarding the medal - can I freeride on your skills again, @petbat ?

Could you help with a medal for this campaign?

2 Likes

Leave it with me.

How about:
SciFi9_01
SciFi9_02
SciFi9_03

Just recycled last year’s other options. Then there are these new ones:
SciFi9_04
SciFi9_05

The last kind of covers time travel, spacial anomaly and alternate time lines.

5 Likes

I like the last one, kind of a Doctor Who vibe. If I wasn’t already considering 15 other builds this year (I only finished 9 last year), I’d hop in with Hasegawa’s F5U-1 that’s silently mocking me from the shelf of hope. :wave:

3 Likes

I really like the galaxy medals…very colorful and eye-catching, but any medal choice will do.

I would like to suggest that any and every KitMaker campaign should have the date written in the medal/badge text description, especially with concurrent annual build campaigns: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023…that way viewers can tell which year the medal was awarded and when they built and completed the campaign because not all modelers join the same campaign theme each and every year.

4 Likes

@Trisaw, I get your point. With “Hot Out of the Molds” campaign, we update with a new calendar year every year.
For Sci-Fi, we update with the number (XII, XIII, IX etc.) as the campaigns do not always follow the calendar year.

1 Like

@petbat, looks awesome as always. Lets give it a few days if anybody else has feedback.

I guess I can just use the pictures as they are? They are in the right size and resolution?

2 Likes

No, not the medal logo graphical icon bearing the year date, but the text next to it in the Badge profiles. I know Jim S. can do it as I asked him to add the date in the text description for “Wow, You Got a Great Figure.” So Jim S. added “2022” to that figure campaign to denote the year that Build Campaign was finished.

Adding the year to the badge text description helps viewers see how many Build Campaigns a modeler entered and finished that year.

It’s no Big Deal to me as it might involve a lot of work to label all the other Build Campaigns with the year completed in the Badge text descriptions. :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes Jesper, they are all ready to go as is.

3 Likes

Peter, thanks a lot!

Trisaw, Now I understand what you mean. Could be a cool feature. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hello Chief,
I’ve been spinning my wheels waiting for parts to arrive from all over the Universe not getting much done (unrelated builds).

So while I nodded-off the Cyclops was eyeing those shiny jangly-bobs and ribbons and without my knowing, he pushed the ‘Interested Button’ up topside in this campaign.

Just to be on the safe side, thought I’d better cool his heels and get official permission from the Campaign Guru before I get to pushing any ‘Going’ buttons.

Is the ‘Haunebu II’ a yay or a nay? … eet ees waffer theen, Monsieur, only 172 scale. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

—mike :flying_saucer:

4 Likes

I don’t see why not, Mike. It is both Sci-Fi and Alternate history… and just weird - in a nice way.

2 Likes

Mike, that is an absolute go! Could be super cool and all these 1946 builds gives complete artistic freedom for crazy camo and markings :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Going! :crazy_face:
Stimpy Pushing the Red Button

—mike :flying_saucer:

4 Likes

Welcome onboard, Mike! Looking forward to follow your build!

1 Like

I have the new 1/35 Revell First Order Tie Fighter:

Or, I could do one of my Scope Dogs I’ve had for several years.

Hmmmm.

Mike

4 Likes

Tie Fighter! :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up: :point_up::smiley::+1:

1 Like

Very cool, Michael. It is going to be a quite sizeable build in 1/35.

Welcome onboard!

Holy crap! More are coming! … Head for the hills!

:scream: …:flying_saucer::flying_saucer: :flying_saucer:

4 Likes