Sci-Fi and Alternative History Campaign IX

Looks awesome, Mike. Looking forward to see more.

3 Likes

Just for you KS. I did a quick medical experiment on a piece of scrap Styrene: Tamiya 2mm wide tape and rivet holes poked-in with an awl. Paint layers were brushed on with a hairy stick.

Tamiya (87177) Masking Tape for Curves (2mm)
Vallejo Black Primer (73.602)
Left: Vallejo Interior Grey Green (71.305)
Right: Vallejo Green Sky (70.974)

The line of rivets down the center of the tape closed-up. No surprise there, but it was worth a shot. Anyway, the tape edge relief does show up as expected.

PS: I ordered a Trumpeter Riveting Tool today.

—mike

4 Likes

Nice! Gives me some Steampunk to WWI effect ideas :bulb:

2 Likes

“In space no one can hear you scream.”

Oh yes they can… Aft antennas positioned. :satellite: :satellite: :grin:

BTW: These came in yesterday!
‘Montana Cans Montana Acrylic Empty, 0.7mm Paint Marker’

USER WARNING: Reverse twist non-standard thread to open.

—mike …:flying_saucer:

4 Likes

So, Righty-Loosey, Lefty-Tighty??

2 Likes

Yup. I read several reviews by frustrated buyers trying everything, even pliers to rip them open because there are no instructions.:triumph: It was briefly mentioned in the YouTube video, so I was prepared… Easy-Peasy (see link below).

@ srmalloy. Thank’s again for the tip on the tips! :paintbrush:

—mike …:flying_saucer:

3 Likes

My entry with the Sci-fi attack drone, let’s hope I will finish this in time :slight_smile:
Additional progress and pictures in the original topic here: Heavy attack drone "Reaper AV-1" - #11 by Venko

Cheers!

11 Likes

That drone looks awesome. :+1::+1:

4 Likes

That’s cool! :trackball::point_up_2:

—mike

2 Likes

Well, now that my AFV build is finished, it’s time to start my Battroid Valkyrie build in earnest.
The adapted ScaleModelScenery base has been glued together, the triangular floors cut, office partitions cut and now I’m assembling some ScaleModelScenery office desks for my office block.

I’ll probably paint them either grey or black as they will effectively only be silhouettes in the windows.

Let the fun begin!!

Thanks for watching.

6 Likes

Would a sculpture of a creature from another planet fit into this campaign?

3 Likes

Well it’s been a while since the last update but I’ve been working away on the tank- just slowly in a few places- plus I’ve got a bust on the bench that requires a little time too!

Doing a pin wash meant choosing a few colors for the various parts. I went with a dark grey wash from AK’s Mig line for the majority of the tank. For the SAM launchers I used black from the same range. The red bits and the wooden box were done with acrylic colors.

The pin wash brought the nicely moulded detail which, in some places, was a little hidden by the grey paint tones.

Thanks for reading!

15 Likes

Damn Karl that looks sharp.

4 Likes

Mighty fine looking work! 🩶🖍️

—mike

2 Likes

The office space is taking shape.

Now for some chairs and office staff.

Thanks for watching. :v:

6 Likes

That is some serious painting!

2 Likes

WOWSERS!

Super crisp paint work!

That is looking fantastic.

2 Likes

Here, take a seat.

The office build continues.

Thanks for watching. :v:

6 Likes

@SSGToms- Cheers mate- much appreciated.

@justsendit- Glad you think so Michael, thank you.

@RonW- Thanks Ron- was a real pleasure to paint a tank in some rather different colors to the usual drab greens and such.

@The_Snowman- Much appreciated Gavin! I’m loving that tiny office furniture by the way- I’ve never seen such small scale pieces like that- they are wonderfully detailed. Are you using wood glue to piece them together?

4 Likes

“Und was ist das?”:face_with_monocle:

“Dunno, Styrene scraps keep jumping onto the model and attaching themselves!” :man_shrugging: :hammer_and_wrench:

“Here, have a look at some landing gear hose-ery while you wait.” :scream:

—mike …:flying_saucer::grin:

7 Likes