Sci-Fi and Alternative History Campaign IX

Lots of really great ideas flying around your head here Mike! The bomb bay and launching arm look fantastic.

Thank’s Jonny!
Something like that — soft interior details for the bomb bay — should be enough clearance. Also, looking at the main turret cavity (black hole) where I made the big vertical cut. I’m considering an operator window with a view down to the loading area.:man_construction_worker:

Thank’s Matthew!
The ideas keep spinning by the minute. :face_with_spiral_eyes: Think I’ll scrap the arm for a beefier design — even considering adding a double-claw to the end. I have something on order which may just revolutionize the loading arm detail — crossing my fingers.:crossed_fingers:

Of course, I could always cut a section of the bomb and shorten it to fit and then just hoist it up by chains — just not “weird” enough for this ship! :grin:

Thank you for the comments and thank’s to all for having a look!
—mike …:flying_saucer:

2 Likes

I did a similar LED project for my tribute KITT & the Hoff build. Cost me about £6.99 from ebay.

Unfortunately I am unable to upload video with my phone.

2 Likes

Thanks, those were the only decals I planned to use. All the markings on the ship will be masked and painted.

1 Like

Hello fellow Alternative Hysterical Travelers. Here’s me touching down again.

Had a major Haunebu II sweat-session today… heavy-duty dry-fitting! :sweat_smile:
Elvis is in the building. ⇣⇣ ⇣ …:flying_saucer: :alien:

Hurry! Take the shot before the landing gear caves in! :camera_flash:

Hurry! Take the shot before the bridge implodes! :camera_flash:

… and watch you don’t knock the belly turrets loose into the hull like you did with the gun mounts… you klutz! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

bet that guy never takes the elevator :grin:

2 Likes

Small update on Red 3. Biggs is painted up and flanked by Wedge and John in their offices.

Red 3 and 4 will be going on hiatus while Red 2 is concentrated on over the next week or so to complete a personal goal of one X-Wing or other model a month this year.

8 Likes

Silly question Mike. How much clearance room is there under the hull when it is sitting on its wheels? Would someone be able to stand under it and will the bomb lift fit under?

1 Like

You can only imagine the fun with a Canberra B Mk12. Stand full height, empty. Bomb beam in, your crouched. Penta carriers in and you are on your knees. 15x120kg low drags go in and it is really tight.

Hand loading the hopper cages manually with 6kg frag bomblets is another kind of scary when they are fitted with 1G impact fuses with a 0.5 to 1 sec delay. Accidentally drop that on the hardstand will result in a “bad” day. We loaded 50 at a time.

Loading a single large munition has it’s pro’s and its cons as well.

2 Likes

@ Peter (petbat) Not at all silly. Just needed to get the very apprehensive Inspector to volunteer.

Peanut Gallery: “Well, go on then! …”
Inspector No. 172: “I do not like this!”

Note: The boarding ramp opening is located left of center.

“Ground Crew, to Loadmaster, you have clearance.” :telephone_receiver:

Note: The Bomb Trolly is set for VOMAG (Vomit Truck) unloading at approximate tailgate height… but that’s another story. :articulated_lorry:

Happily, things are a little less sketchy with the ‘Anti Hull Crush Support Bottle Cap.’ :flying_disc:

9 Likes

Starting to mock up the base for my Valkyrie battleroid build.

Macross city is to be brought to life again, just better than my first attempt many years ago when I built a Zentradi Regult Assault Pod.

I’ll drop in an image or two of the original build.

Till, next time…

We come in peace, so shoot to kill :vulcan_salute:t3:

5 Likes

As promised, here is my original Regult build.

It can only get better.

Till next time…

We come in peace, shoot to kill :vulcan_salute:t3:

7 Likes

Never gets old! :rofl:

3 Likes

Ooooo. Nice to see the combo together. That really puts the size of this saucer kit into perspective!

Also answers the question about having to fill the interior Bomb bay. Not a lot visible at all.

Gavin, you can keep that for a job!

3 Likes

Yeah, those were the days. Liked the toys but not the lifestyle. Still brings back “fond” memories, though. :wink:

3 Likes

Okay, I am going to jump into this one with an old sci fi that I did not progress further on from the other campaign. Going to do a color spin on it and a story line, albeit grossly dumb. AT-ST Bandai.

4 Likes

I look forward to seeing that- this one you’ve done previous is excellent and gives the sense of scale nicely.

2 Likes

Welcome onboard, Clark! Looking forward to see your AT-ST.

Great to see all the Great builds ongoing!! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If that tiny figure’s scale is 1/72, we can coexist very nicely.
Shoot to kill! :gun: :alien:

1 Like

I have been tinkering with my setup. And experimenting with paintschemes.
The first I like, the second I do not.
The original idea was to have the Grosser Hund climb a barricade or a pile of debris, but that would raise it up quite a bit, so I rethought the concept. So now it is pushing aside a bent lamp/transmission post, which will lend it a) something to do with the odd hand and b) connect it better to the base.
The roadblock is a repurposed showercurtain wallfitting and the post is made out of a balloon stick, post-it dispensers, German 1/35 landmines, some bits of a ballpointpen and some evergreen.

still a long way to go…

10 Likes