Sci-Fi and Alternative history campaign VIII

Giving it a bump…As it is nearing start time…
I might consider building the Zeon mobile scout kit from Hardgraph. Nice kit. It is getting difficult to locate Hardgraph kits nowadays… Hope to see different kits tried out in this GB… Looking forward to it…

Have a Great Day

4 Likes

Very nice choice, Mukund! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wow that is different. Looks like someone pulled off half of the legs from an ant. So weird that it is just so cool…

2 Likes

OK, guys, Three weeks to kick of. I hope everybody is geared up and ready to go :slight_smile: Or maybe some other kits to finish first.

Looking forward to get started :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey guys and girls

We are live with the campaign now. I am probably only going to start in the new year, but on the other hand I might start on my Christmas calendar. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Finally, the grand opening of our GB…Being in India gives me the advantage of starting ahead of many of you :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am yet to decide which one I will be building. Will have to finalize by end of day, today. Good problem to have :). Posting all the kits with my current date to generate interest so that I can see what you are planning to start for this GB… Looking forward to see your start posts :star_struck:

I have committed to few more GBs this year after being away from modelling work bench for nearly 5 years… Hope I will have a good model building year ahead :joy: I will probably choose a less complicated subject, but lets see how things proceed tomorrow after I check out all your build choices… Have a Great Day Friends…Thanks for looking.

4 Likes

@SGTJKJ I thought the campaign wasn’t live until Christmas?

Klaus

1 Like

Hi Klaus, the campaign is live now. Started at 1st Dec. :slightly_smiling_face:

Mukund, that is a wide range of beautiful kits. Lots to choose from! :slightly_smiling_face:

@SGTJKJ no worries Jesper I will get involved at Christmas time as work is getting busy.

1 Like

I will be Building Bandai MG 1/100 scale KAMPFER MS-18E Principality of ZEON Assault use Mobile Suit… Mostly OOB for a relaxed build… Not planning to complete in one go.

Opened the kit and as expected, instructions are all in Japanese… But the pictures are detailed enough. Even though I keep collecting these Sci-fi kits, I have never built one. Just cut up just one sprue (RX-78-2 Gundam shield) and left it in the shelf.

This will be my official first build which I am planning to clean up, paint and build to finish :slight_smile: Need to maintain the mojo … Thanks for watching… Looking forward to your updates…

4 Likes

Will this thread be moved to “Campaigns & Group Builds” …
Looks like this is still tagged under “Staging Area”…

1 Like

Started my cut… cleaning and trying to wrap my head around Japanese instructions… Feels like chemistry class all over again… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:

Thanks for watching…

3 Likes

Nice choice, Mukund! A good start :slight_smile:

I will check how to move the tread. I am not sure I can do that myself(?)

1 Like

Count one in for alternative history. Working on something to go along with my British T-34.

Base kit is a Trumpeter KV-1 Ehkranami. Basic hull construction done, withsome changes to the front.

More armor? Yes pleas.

Changed up the rear a little.

Filled in the opening for the old light, some mesh for the rear vent.

Lastly, stripped down the turret.

3 Likes

Looks Great, 35thscalebro! This is exactly what this campaign is about!

Looking forward to see what you end up with and what your background story Will be. :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Trying to decide on which colour to select for the inner skeleton… Not much will be visible… But will show up here and there… I do not want this as a distraction for the outer base coat…

Probably will go with metallic copper over white primer… I like that combo much better…
Feel free to throw some suggestions or any other options…

Thanks for looking and Have a great day ahead…

4 Likes

Cool!
Now let’s see where I am going with this one… hmm

1 Like

I might join and finish early instead of waiting for the Campaign’s end like I usually do. I am most likely going to enter another figure—simple and doesn’t take up a lot of display space.

What kind of photos do you want again…starting box art, how many “In progress,” photos, and one finished build photo?

I have to take a photo of the figure that I have completed for the last Sci-Fi Campaign (VII) as I have based it and I have added ground work. Thanks for the VII Medal. :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome onboard, Trisaw!

A starting picture, a progress picture and a finished picture are minimum, but hopefully people will share more pictures and background/ideas.

Looking forward to see what you come up with :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks! This sort of thing is what I’ve been wanting to do for a while.

Wheels done, more hull parts on and some welds.

Made my own copula from a spare from a Tamiya Churchill. Needed to add some height and periscopes. The top has been reworked, and am using a reworked KV hatch. Don’t know if I’ll keep it that way, but it’ll do for now.

4 Likes