Shep Paine Tribute Campaign?

Eew and yuk. May be better suited to a zombie campaign. :slightly_smiling_face:

(No offence, I just couldn’t help myself.)

A tribute to one, or all, of the venerated three is a great idea. Personally, I’d like to see the criteria (for lack of a better word) to be somewhat broad, but not too broad. An older (or basic newer released) kit bedazzled with gizmology, a boxed diorama, a vehicle painted ala Verlinden, an EPIC dio in the vain of Letterman, etc., that sort of thing.

Yes, the conditions would have to be quite specific, in order to avoid reasoning such as “yeah, but Shep/Francois/Bob would have used it, had it been available…”

Well, the three of them: Paine, Verlinden, & Lettermen, all showed us inspiration for dioramas & vignettes. If anything, aside from any of Paine’s “gizmology”, there might be some basic groundwork and possibly a figure requirement. Bonus points for cutting up and creating a Frankenstein figure as Shep used to show us how to do… :smirk:

2 Likes

I’m in!

An interesting article by Bob Letterman about his association with Francois, Shep and Lewis Pruneau -

I am in, but a ‘Legacies 1/2’ tribute might take a while…

So I am thinking at a ‘less grand’ scale… :wink:

How about the rules being a kit first manufactured prior to 1990.

Aftermarket produced by Verlinden Productions or VLS Corporation is accepted.

Any scale. Genre - Military Vehicles, Military aircraft, figures and busts, ships.

Scratch building encouraged.

Any paint brand and decals can be replaced if aged.

Model painted in the style these guys did. (No chipping within an inch of the vehicles life or 50 years of aging on a 2 month old tank for these guys!)

Dios and Vignettes also encouraged.

3 Likes

Meet him at the UK folkestone show, without realising it, first time visiting the show, seen his kits in the Judges cabinets, whow moment, as I had his book.

1 Like

Someone start this thing. I ordered Tamiya’s Panther A, 1988 tooling.

4 Likes

I think that their original Panther A kit dates back at least a decade more. Sometime in the mid 70’s I believe…

I have Italeri’s No.222 Pz.Kpfw. I Ausf.B in the 1980’s box. With On the Mark’s 1988 pe-set, ready to go!

I went ahead and created one!
@petbat @Stikpusher I included you as co-leaders. Hope you do not mind.

The Great Ones

1 Like

Scalemates has the time line and you are correct. It does show "new Tooling for 1988 and the picture they show is this immage. That is why I said the 1988 version.

I think that says “new box” for 1988, not new tooling for 1988.

Some new parts in 1969 and 1990.

Humm… Old eyes, new box. :laughing:

3 Likes

I don’t mind. Been a long time since I was voluntold to partake in something… :wink:

1 Like

Been along time since I was Democratically Volunteered too, but it is all good.

Ron, you should add the ‘Going’ options too. You do that by editing the post and clicking on the ‘cog’ icon, then selecting ‘Create event’. fill in the dates, etc

1 Like

@Stikpusher @petbat I need(ed) help creating this campaign and would like to have some company and input in managing it, but neither of you were online, so I appointed you volunteers.
But it is, of course, entirely up to you!

2 Likes

No problem Ron. I will be following along closely anyway.

1 Like

I’m happy to come along and help out however I can.

1 Like

I thought I saw a campaign come through on this, but I can’t seem to find it. Can someone please send me the link?

1 Like