Shocked by the attitudes

I teach and I usually have an Aspie student and we usually work well together. I do not try to change them and work toward their strengths and am often impressed by what they go on to do. Some of our other posters are Aspie also. When the normal posters know this, they seldom take offence. Glad you are posting with us.

4 Likes

People ā€œon the spectrumā€ can sometimes be easier to converse with through a keyboard than in real life. There is only the text and nothing else, no body language, no gestures, no inflections of tone.
Just the text, nothing else.
Some ā€œon the spectrumā€ are also direct (or blunt) and take it as perfectly natural if others write what they think, no careful circling of the sensitive subject, straight to the point and get it out.
Us ā€œnormiesā€ often try to read between the lines to try and reconstruct the ā€œmissingā€ information that should have been present in a face to face verbal communication.

4 Likes

My oldest son is a Aspie ,little bit different from the "standard " heā€™s communicative and socialā€¦on heā€™s own terms :grinning: that means be ready to be interested in my scientific monologue at least once a day,the problem starts when he canā€™t avoid to point out your stupidity like ā€œi donā€™t want to offend you butā€¦ā€ or ā€œtechnicallyā€¦ā€ at that point brace yourself :joy: because the 11 years old makes you feel the idiot of the village, itā€™s just some people laugh some definitely not, but sometimes, luckily less often now when things go south explode the ā€œmonsterā€ of rage and hunger and there the things are very bad for both ,total loss of emotional control and sometimes fiscalā€¦one very long hourā€¦but if you know him itā€™s ok you know he doesnā€™t want to say or do what heā€™s doing but if you donā€™t know whatā€™s going on can be messyā€¦never happened on a keyboard but i think could turn in a real poo show :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

how can he even claim the colors are wrong when itā€™s specluative for dinosaurs?

1 Like

This is pretty funny, I got into the same argument with my teacher back in elementary schoolā€¦the 70ā€™s. I used the same point, how does anyone know what color the dinosaurs were?

3 Likes

there are some proof for some, but not everyone (eeven less a t-rex), so one can do it as prehistoric planet did or something else (tho I wouldnā€™t go too far on the feathers due to preserved skin impression, on that Iā€™d see something like tarbosaurus prehistoric planet working)

Melanosomes. They can be found in fossilised feathers and skin, although skin specimens are rare. This area of study is recent, a little over a decade old, so back in the '70ā€™s you were correct.

Cheers,

M

1 Like

Unless we have a paleontologist here to say otherwise, I would venture that there are far more species of dinosaurs known, than skin or feather fossil samples currently available and analyzed for each species. I think we have a lot of free range to do colors on our dinosaur builds :wink:

4 Likes

Did the dinosaurs have rivets? Maybe we can try to count them? :grin:

9 Likes

Iā€™ll reserve judgement on dinosaur colors until AK comes out with the paint set.

13 Likes

Imagine the pain it would be if Dinoā€™s had zimmerit, and you would have to sculpt it around their tails.

8 Likes

But some did! Genetic engineering allowed them to be resurrected and bred in quantity at the Iron Sky secret arctic and moon bases. Carried by those Hannibau Flying Saucers to be inserted behind Allied lines, they raised untold havoc. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Bad Day
Bad day to give up sniffing glue. :face_with_spiral_eyes: :t_rex:

9 Likes

The colour film back then had a unstable chemistry and museum pieces will have faded and changed hue over time ā€¦

3 Likes

That will come out at the same time as their new painting guideā€¦Camouflage Colors of The Dinosaurs: 400,000,000 BC to 500, 000,000 BC.

2 Likes

Will there be different weathering sets for different geographical areas?

1 Like

Ost Front T-Rex and MTO Velociraptors? :smiley:

2 Likes

Why are we arguing over the colour of trex, thereā€™s plenty of colour references on the internet

9 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I thought it was this trex?

Sample colors on their website.

2 Likes