Shunting Loco

K.Sp.1, nice progress. You are putting a lot of effort into this. Moderate scratchbuilding - impressive.

1 Like

Appreciate the kind words Gentlemen. The road wheel arms will be finished and painted this weekend. Then I could finally start assembling all the parts and pieces

1 Like

The hydraulic cylinders are mounted with what looks like a giant bolt and washer fastener so I went shopping for Scale Hardware

This will look much better and close to prototypical than the straight pin setup I had going on during fitment and build.

6 Likes

My MOLOTOW Super Chrome pens turned to glossy metallic gray. Not a big problem since I already had some aerosol can chrome. This was sprayed into a product blister-paint palette. Then the chrome was horse hair brushed in the parabolas

2 Likes

Gluing in the hydraulic lines for the road wheel arm cylinders.

6 Likes

Hyrauwrics! … Rehehehehe!

2 Likes

:rofl: :sandwich: :sandwich: :sandwich: Time for a Scooby snack

1 Like

Seriously, seriously excellent work - nice shade of peppermint too, with a choc topping I’ll take a carton thanks. Hey it’s summer in this (correct) hemisphere! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thank you.
Indeed it is a bit minty. May be the lighting tho :icecream:

You’re most welcome, I’ve been lurking on this thread since day 1. Whatever the lighting it’s pushing 35C here today, I need to cool off & that just looked yummy. (Thought about a vacation at Uluru/Ayer’s Rock but it’s 43C there now…maybe not) As you probably saw my Molotow went the same way as yours – still thinking an injection of…mercury??..might revive it.

2 Likes

:thinking: ok, converting click click click 35C to F click click click 45C to F click click click :abacus: :mag_right: whoa, that’s HOT!

2 Likes

the Mint I’m going for is a sort of US Forest Service green :zombie:

2 Likes

Continuing with the hydraulic lines on the other side. Then back to the cab ‘glass’ :flushed:

6 Likes

Looking really good! Gotta say… I do like that color (colour)… as long as it’s not on the walls as I’m being wheeled down a hospital corridor! :ambulance:

—mike🧤

1 Like

Actually Tim, it is Autumn here… not that you would know it.

Come feel the temps here in Queensland at the moment and multiply that by humidity. Nothing like an outside sauna …

4 Likes

I know Peter, 400+ miles south of you it’s allegedly Autumn here in Sydney too but give me damn-hot over brass-monkeys any day :upside_down_face:

And that’s the weather, now back to mo’ shunting…

3 Likes

Shunting it is then.

Started cutting all of the sprue bits from the ‘glass’ parts. There are a lot of them. Then sanding carefully with sanding boards. Then finally carefully painting the edges black.

2 Likes

Several weeks ago a saw a garden snail in my backyard start a Trumpeter kit or maybe it was a Dragon kit, it had a lot of PE as well. Anyways he’s already completed his model while I’m almost on two years with mine…

The ‘glass’ has been cleaned up and edged with black. Parts (1) and (2) will get that vertical frame part painted black as well but I’ll need to mask that.

4 Likes

Working on installing all the ‘glass’ now. Dry fitting the cab subassemblies for progress assessment

9 Likes

That is a gem already, delicious :+1: :+1:

3 Likes