Signs of the Big Headed Modeler

The glasses look and sound great may have to look into that ty

FWIW - at the five week mark, the “repair” is still holding:)

2 Likes

The sign of a true craftsman… :rofl:

1 Like

Return of the Big Headed Modeler…

While the side repaired has held up great so far, it was just a matter of time before the other side snapped.

At least it missed the model on the work bench when it went tumbling.

1 Like

I tried a few adhesive solutions. None worked very well. I was telling a friend of mine this and he said, “Just squeeze the joint with a pair of pliers.” I thought, “That will never work.” But I tried it. It’s been holding going on two months now. I kinda feel the same way about this as I do about my wife’s garden faucet fix.

We have an outdoor faucet we attach our garden hose to. The garden hose needed to be replaced I thought because no matter how much I tighten it, the water sprays all over the house where it attaches to outdoor faucet. I told my wife I was going to get a new hose and she said, “Oh, you can fix that easily. Just wrap some dental floss around it and it will stop leaking.” Right I said. A week or so later, not having bought a new hose, I went to put some water on the garden. I noticed some dental floss hanging down from the join. I turned on the water and no leaking at all. That’s been about 10 weeks now and still no leaking. I guess I’m happy about not needing a new hose…

1 Like

I seem to recall there is something called “Plumber’s Tape” that you wrap around faucet threads )or any threaded joint). Very thin stuff.

2 Likes

We call it thread seal tape here. Yes it is especially designed to wrap around pipe thread so when you screw a fitting on, it fills any gaps between the external thread of the pipe and the internal thread of the fitting,

1 Like

All right Peter now I’ve seen it all. We’re giving plumbing lessons on Armorama now?

3 Likes

@SSGToms Ever had a leaky compressor hose Matt? :grinning:

1 Like

Yes I have Peter and I used that same Teflon tape to fix it. I concede. :grin:

1 Like