Smells like teen (fighter) spirit

Thanks Johnny. I’m really loving the Humbrol gloss paint. Man what a shine!

1 Like

Great looking blue angel!! I really need to start my F-18

Thank you sir

Yes you should! I’ve forgotten how much I like the lines of the Hornet since my last build. And in Blue… oh I’m already getting ideas for another… :smirk:

2 Likes

The Hornet is my all time favorite fighter!! I have a CF-188 and F-18F in the stash. Going to build the CF-188

1 Like

Got a gloss coat on my F-16. Next step is decaling.

4 Likes

Looking real good Erik! I presume that this is a Tiger Meet aircraft?

@Stikpusher that Blue Angel is looking fantastic. I had that kit as a kid and never built it.

Would be cool if so. I’m building a Tiger Meet bird as well.

1 Like

Yes it is. It is the “Limited Edition” from Hasegawa with both an A and a B model.

2 Likes

Back home today and able to do another bench session. I airbrushed on the yellow trim areas and the steel area ahead of the afterburners

Tomorrow I have to do a bit of tape residue clean up, and then it’s decal time!

8 Likes

Looks fantastic! The blue is awesome!! And the yellow is really vibrant

Love the vivid bold colours on these birds … Really striking… Looks great :+1:

Agreed! Think a Blue angels bird is in my future

2 Likes

@Mead93, @Johnnych01, thanks guys! I am absolutely loving how these paints have performed. It’s gonna be the prettiest aircraft on my shelves when she’s done!

2 Likes

I have a Blue Angels Skyhawk in my stash, but now I’m thinking, “I could use a Phantom…” :thinking:

2 Likes

Ooo I do love the Skyhawk, maybe I’ll need to do one of those

1 Like

Beautiful paint job! This will be a project with no weathering part - only buff it up brightly. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you sir! Yeah, that was my intent to do something that needed zero weathering. These aircraft are immaculately maintained. Very ship shape.

3 Likes

I started the decal application today with the undersides… those underwing US Navy decals have to be the largest single piece decals that I’ve ever applied. I think that this set was scaled for another kit, as the gear door stripes were off size wise just a fraction in length here and there…

I’ll finish the topside markings tomorrow….

7 Likes

Very cool… Love that colour mix… :+1:

Blue and Gold… the USN colors. They are quite striking in this manner.