Smells like teen (fighter) spirit

I have heard of cage fighting, but fitting that mesh in the cockpit would redefine that meaning ! :grin:

I am thinking of building the F-14 A from Hasegawa that has been in the stash 40 years… decals are yellowed, but as a return to aircraft modelling after a hiatus commenced long before Rip Van Winkle nodded off, it will have to do. The ‘Tarsiers’ option on the box top seems the better chance of removing the yellow clear film before application. somewhere in the mists of time I acquired a Verlinden set of ejector seats for it…

This outside of the folded instructions has jaundice :rofl:

5 Likes

It will be a bit before I build this one, got to finish some other builds first.

2 Likes

Looking forward to watching that one. I have my eye on building the A model someday…

1 Like

Yup good to go! I’ll get it moved out of staging later today!

I have the Carrier deck A kit. I am back and forth on swapping parts to make this B model (D boxing) on the catapult. I think this B build will be sweep wing, canopy open taxing.

How good are the tamiya F-14? I know they are the best F-14 on the market. But are they worth the $90+ price tag? I really want to add an F-14 at some point, as it’s the only teen series I don’t have in the stash.

I’ve had it in my cart more than once and tapped out

2 Likes

Never peeked into the box of one myself, but I’ve heard people refer to their recent F-4, F-14, P-38, and F-35 kits as some of the most well-engineered kits ever made.

I have the last two largely because of that. Will get the F-4 and F-14 at some point.

2 Likes

I haven’t built it yet but from what I have heard from Tomcat folks who have built the all the other manufacturers, engineering of the kit wins them over. Others have shape and construction issues but cheaper cost.

1 Like

I have heard and read good things about the 1/48 Hobbyboss Tomcat ?

1 Like

Depends on how you build the HB kit. If you leave the panels open, I have seen it said it is good. If you try to close up the panels, life gets a lot more difficult.

Can’t seem to recall who I need to contact to get the campaign move. Was it @SSGToms?

3 Likes

Yeah, he or any of the campaign gurus can make it active …

Campaign active. Off we go, into the wild blue yonder…

5 Likes

I have a very exciting problem to solve … I need to choose which one to build for this GB :grin: :laughing: :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks! Appreciate it

1 Like

I’ve built the A and have the D in the stash. They truly are excellent kits. You will not be sorry.

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi Friends, Change of plan. I will be building Academy’s 14A "VF-143 Pukin Dogs OOB for this GB…
I thought of building Academy’s USAF F-15E “D-Day 75th Anniversary” kit… But the reviews are not great and do not have the exhaust nozzle to replace wrong kit supplied…

2 Likes

I think I’ll build the Tamiya tomcat ready for launch…

2 Likes

Finally got to dig into the Tamiya 1/72 F-16CJ. This is the first build I’ve had an airbrush for, so everything is taking longer than it should. Took awhile to get a good looking white in the intake.

Shaping up to be a quick build. A bit apprehensive about the painting though….

5 Likes

Nice start and looking good so far :+1:

1 Like