So the old site is closed for over a year now. How do you feel about it (old one) now?

Miniatures modelling, yes. Those ones focusing on table top games rules are generally more active, due the sheer amount of rules and revisions. They also have less restriction on painting (compare to historical modelling), therefore a wide a range of showcase.

Then there are the discords of the 3d sculpture artist. They pump out new project at a decent rate and use discord as a direct mean to communicate to their followers.

Voice chat overall is rarely used outside of gaming and streaming discords, so you really donā€™t have to care about that feature.

About historical modellingā€¦ I left most of them because they are very inactive. I believe that discord/live chat would not work for forums base dense information like Kitmaker, britmodeller, etc.

Huhā€¦ so thats why all my adds are for golf clubsā€¦

I love the new site! Soooo much easier to use then the old site.

1 Like

As for the adds. They are a necessary thing that helps to support the site.
Honestly some of the adds get my interest , I would like to see them rotate more often

After reading through all the comments again. I have to say that I tried the old site sone years back and found navigation difficult. There are other forums out there , quite honestly they are horrible .
The new format here has kept me coming back for more all the time.
It is super easy to use and I believe traffic will come back better than before.
To put it simply I LOVE IT HERE.
This is home and we generally dont have to deal with the same crap as F.B.

1 Like

I much prefer the new forum to the old for itā€™s ease of use, especially with loading photos.

And I also prefer KM to platforms such as facebook, as itā€™s much easier to develop friendships and build a community as people seem to be more invested in the content and their blogs.

Also, the people here are generally much more friendly than other forums Iā€™ve seen, which makes it that much nicer to ā€œhang about, inā€.

2 Likes

@Russelle . I agree 100%

1 Like

I was a visitor for years before I joined but I do remember having issues navigating the site so I feel like I joined at a good time, the only thing that I could complain about is the lack of a member gallery for posting pics of individual builds, I see a LOT of activity from members commenting on this and that but some donā€™t seem to post any model builds.

Cajun :crocodile:

Terry you can post your own feature articles on the main aeroscale.net website, or modelshipwrights.com. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

RusseIle @Russelle, I dare not be so bold :anguished:, the Front Page is for the proā€™s, Iā€™m just an armchair historian and a back room modeler. I was thinking more of a gallery on the memberā€™s Profile Page or such. :wink:

Hi Terryā€¦ Weā€™re all just amateurs here really, so donā€™t let that stop youā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

The other thing a lot of us do here is to create a blog of our completed builds, like what I did here for my Aircraft hangar collection :cowboy_hat_face:

This is a good way to display your work without feeling the pressure of the main site :smiling_face:

1 Like

Nice work. I love the finish on your Sea Hurricane!

Hi ya Russelle, when I joined last year I posted a few pics of a project Iā€™ve been working on for the last few years and it was suggested that I start a build blog, @Johnnych01 reccomended that to me but being a newbie I wasnā€™t familiar with the process and I knew I have a long running endeavor, now that Iā€™ve been participating for a while, posting different kit builds, I wish I had consolidated those topics into one perpetual blog . . . oh well, Iā€™m still at it and learning something new every day, this is a huge forum though and thereā€™s no way I can follow every post.

1 Like

Sure you can. You just wonā€™t get ANY of your own modeling done! :crazy_face::hammer:

6 Likes

Can I get a Amen!

4 Likes

Iā€™m guilty, couple of pieces for me by way of why I donā€™t, I take pictures on my iphone. Post here from an Galaxy tablet and honestly have no idea how to get my pictures from my phone to my tablet let alone how to post them if I could figure out how to do the deal. Maybe I need to scrounge up a laptop but then Iā€™d have to remember all my logins that I know I wrote down somewhereā€¦

1 Like

You can do everything via your iPhone, I know I do. Same log in information.

If a bigger screen is the issue, you can start the post on your tablet and post, then edit on your iPhone adding in the photos.

To edit a post if you didnā€™t know, use the pencil at the bottom of your post.

Then click the save edits on the bottom right where the reply button is. You can cancel the change by using the x next to the save edits.

To add a photo is super easy, bottom left is the reply, bottom right first button is add photo.

Photo library takes you to the existing photos, best to add on at a time. You will when to add a new photo when all you see is this.

Take photo, is just that take it now

Or add a saved file.

HTH

1 Like

You could start a thread like Torsten did

Then ask a mod like Robin or Gino to move your other threads (you will have to tell them which ones) into one or just post in that new thread going forward.

4 Likes

Yes and I am not against the idea of having a special forum for user galleries (sort of like the one that Planet Figure has) if people are interested in finding user projects via that method. We would need a system to standardize the topic titles, etc. but that would be pretty easy.

2 Likes

Jim please do . That is similar to the master pages I proposed

This one seems to work as well if not better.

1 Like