Space Shuttle Launch Complex 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)

Hi friends,

now I want to continue with the SSWS pipes at the front end of the SRB holes that I had ever been shown.

Source: capcomespace.net

In this picture you can see the arrangement of the two pipes between the SRB supports even better.

Source: capcomespace.net

And so do the associated templates from the Paper Kit look like, here is the lining of the back wall, although belonging to the other hole, but very similar to the real thing.

And here’s the cover of the SRB-Blast Shields with appendages from which one should now conjure these pipes with 1 mm diameter.

But since I do not even want to try out, I’ll scratch these details again in plastic and start with the left hole’s pipes.

For the pipes I’ve used Evergreen Rods (Ø 1 mm) and for the lower bracket L profile (2,5 x 1,5 mm).

The pipes are not glued, as they still need to be cut down after fitting.

Then I have already drilled the holes in both Blast Shields to fit the pipes.

And as one can see, the first pair of pipes fits after some corrections quite well.
Where the profile is inserted, yet little support underneath come later.

Now the pipes at the lower ends but even have those baffles, and they were a bit trickier. These are Styrene strips (0,2 mm), which I glued again with MEK and then cut.

And so it looks like so far.

A few things are still missing, but next time it will be continued with the second pair.

1 Like