Spitfire!

I got the major part of the paint done this evening. The belly is painted with Ammo Mig Ocean Sea Grey. I have seen some people bitching about Mig colors, but I find them excellent as long as you use a good primer first.
The rest of the fuselage is painted with Tamiya XF-81 and 82. The prop and tail band is Tamiya Sky XF-21. a little touch-up is needed, but that is expected. All in all I´m pretty happy with the outcome so far.

6 Likes

Looking good Erik.
Managed to get the cockpit finished and the fuselage joined on mine.

Looks like a little sanding and filling required on the fuselage, but happy with it so far.
Pete

5 Likes

What brand of interior green did you use for the cockpit?

I use the Tamiya cockpit green one Erik. I always thought it was a close match to british interior green.

1 Like

Yepp, it looks good. I used Vallejos interior green and it looks a bit dark to me.

It does look a bit darker Erik but it looks okay to me. I am sure no 2 interiors were the same.

1 Like

is that the Japanese one ?

This kit goes together quick.
Small bit of filler on seams of fuselage

nothing major.
Wings fit great too. Just a tad plastic putty on wing root.

Wing tips and flaps on

And the stabs and rudder done

Thats it for tonight
Pete

7 Likes

Having just caught up on all these superb Spitfire builds, I seriously need to get stuck into my own. I’ve whittled things down to two choices.

1. A 1/72 Seafire MK 1b from this superb kit

Imgur

1. A micro job, using this 1/144 Eduard kit, that was actually a freebie given away by Eduard at Telford some years ago, with a “bigger” purchase.

Imgur

The Eduard kit us actually quite superb. I’d likely do an RAF Spitfire, but the Dutch example is rather neat. I do have etch details for this one also. Can you imagine that!

Decisions, decisions

Would love to hear suggestions as to which one!

5 Likes

Would love to see the Seafire. Have that kit myself so would be interesting to see how it builds.

2 Likes

Seafire please

3 Likes

Not enough seafires…just sayin

4 Likes

Looks like it should be the Seafire then!

4 Likes

There, that was easy …

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

That actually is not a Dutch but a Czech plane :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, you are correct. I clearly confused the roundels on the picture! Just as well I’m going for the Seafire!

1 Like

The Dutch roundels have a orange dot in the centre…

1 Like

Yes, I was aware of that, just not paying close attention!

1 Like

Peter could you show me how you made the harness? hI would like to make my own but the sutton harness is a little more complicated than the standard US harnesses.

Thanks- Joe