Sprue Cutter Showdown

I think I have spent the last fifteen years looking for a better spru cutter. The God Hand looked like the ticket till I saw the ZM cutter. Right now I kinda fooling around with a completely different setup, and the jury’s still out on if they’ll work. Anvil sells a cutter that is good enough to cut copper wire in a pinch. The blades are nothing but generic box knife blades you can but most anywhere. It cuts plastic very well, as well as lead wire, and a few other things. They are solid metal with interchangeable blades.

As for the ZM, I’m getting a pair
gary

2 Likes

These better be good. These almost cost as much as a pair of 7” Knipex side cutters.

1 Like

I hesitated to buy one for the longest time but finally bit the bullet. Now I can’t fathom how I managed without them.

2 Likes

Thanks Matt - great review and very timely as I was looking to replace mine . Found a pair online for $36 & $6 shipping at VolksUSA . Ordered so you should be getting a commission check - LOL

1 Like

Just received my ZM cutter - Ordered on Jan 30 and at my door today Feb 2 - all the way from California to NJ for 6 bucks shipping. Dealer is Volks USA - $36 . Highly recommended.

1 Like

Could you good folk over in the US of A please stop hoarding all of the stock…. I have been patiently waiting for BNA Models to restock for many months now… no luck as yet……

1 Like

I use DSPIAE mostly for fine work, yet have godhand and tamiya.

1 Like

I’ve just bought a set of Dspiae cutters. Revelation. I expect they’ll really show their worth when I next tackle a Miniart kit!

1 Like

Well, you can try but I don’t think you would be happy using the Knipex cutters…

2 Likes

Hahahahahaha. I wouldn’t try.

They’re Piano Draht cutters .
Draht is German for wire

These aren’t the same grade Knipex pliers and cutters you see on Amazon and in Home Depot. They’re only available from authorized dealers.

And they’ll cut just about anything that you can fit between the jaws and if you squeeze hard enough.

1 Like

I managed to recently find a set on eBay from South Korea- I’d been looking every so often so keep checking and you might be able to grab a pair.

1 Like

Ordered ZKM Pro’s this morning!

1 Like

How is this business? Never heard of them.
Thanks

1 Like

Just ordered one! I’m surprised that anything could be better than my Godhands!

1 Like

You’ll see…

I’ll will be seeing them soon!
Good topic

1 Like

If you are referring to Volks USA I ordered a pair of ZM cutters on Jan 30 and they were in hand
Feb 2 - all the way from CA to NJ for 6 bucks shipping. My first time dealing with them and so I would rate them excellent.

1 Like

Thanks, I just ordered a set and left a message with them about this thread.
Hard to beat the Godhands.

1 Like

WOW, you guyz have cleared out all of my suppliers for these cutters. :frowning_face:

Michigan Toy Soldier shows them in stock -

1 Like