Sprue Cutter Showdown

Hasegawa nippers arrived, I am not sure if they are a rebranded God hand or a very good knock off but they seem very well made, a couple tests cuts, they cut clean! I will build some tomorrow, and do actually cuts

6 Likes

Just noticed the hasegawa nippers in the sprue bros lightning deal for half price. I’ve been super happy with them

1 Like

Wasn’t there an UN Security Counsel resolution plus sanctions and international law that forbids using Hasegawa airplane/gundam Nippers on Tamiya & Dragon AFV kits? It’s similar to the Meng Accords that forbids using Meng nipper’s on Italeri, Revell & Monogram kits, if I recall correctly.

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On a serious note, sounds like the Hasegawa’s are a sweet set of nippers.

5 Likes

Yeah, and the Zoukei Mura ere even more limited and God Hands can’t be used at all by treaty

2 Likes

:face_vomiting: I am feeling ill…

2 Likes

Could several folks post up several examples of their best snips with the Zoukei-Mura’s? I would appreciate. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve lost my lost two snippers from falling on the floor and damaging the tips
My buddy came up with a idea of a lanyard.
I might secure this to the table or wrist? Not sure yet

9 Likes

So last week I broke my el cheapo sprue cutters. I’ve always said that once these broke I’d look at some better one’s. For the last week i have been researching, reading reviews and watching comparisons on YouTube. I had finally decided to go with Godhand…sort of. I tend to be hard on tools so naturally spending $60 on something that could break just by looking at it the wrong way wasn’t sitting well with me. On a whim I decided to search this forum before hitting the checkout button on my cart. Well after reading this excellent review and all it’s comments i decided to go with the zm’s. I could have saved myself a bunch of time coming here first.

6 Likes

Just tried my new zm sprue cutters…so glad i went with these!!!

4 Likes

After reading these reviews and posts (which apparently I totally missed since I wasn’t in the mindset to buy new nippers since I mostly saw and sand resin figures that don’t require thin nippers), I put in an order for the Zoukei-Mura Pro-Zetu nippers because my Xuron nippers do leave a little plastic material at the end of the cut that requires sanding down.

I’m not too keen on sanding plastic anymore so any tool that will save me time and effort might be worth it.

Thanks for posting the comparisons and reviews…very helpful! :grinning:

2 Likes

$40.49 plus shipping, to be exact.

2 Likes

I just ordered my ZM cutter from Australia. My current Dspaie cutters have bent somewhat are not cutting cleanly anymore. Looking forward to trying the cutters that everyone keeps singing the praises of.

1 Like

Its the bees knees

1 Like

So…my ZM cutters were delivered today. Problem is, I won’t be home until Friday evening. Looking forward to cutting some plastic this weekend! (Notice I didn’t say “Build”. That may or may not happen, i just didn’t want to set my expectations too high!)

4 Likes

Set your focus on cutting, you can get the glue involved later on!

2 Likes

:grin:
I like your way of thinking!

1 Like

The hype is real and true…the Zoukei-Mura Pro-Zetu nippers cuts cleaner and closer than my Xuron nippers! :grin:

I tried the Zoukei-Mura Pro-Zetu on a 1/24 Masterbox figure’s leftover parts and I cut close and it cuts so cleanly that there is very little to no plastic remnant left. What’s even better, any leftover remnant can be cut off with the Zoukei-Mura Pro-Zetu nippers right up to the plastic part!

The Zoukei-Mura Pro-Zetu blades are SO THIN that they’re incredible. And the wire spring between the handles on the Zoukei-Mura Pro-Zetu adds to a fine tension that makes it easier to control, not to mention the finger extension on the left side of the nippers. I copied Dan’s photo to show you.

It also comes with an extra wire spring.

These really are a dream and are worth the price! Thumbs way up! :+1:

9 Likes

Two years later and my Zoukei-Mura sprue cutters still cut like butter and leave no attachment mark on the part! These truly are the best sprue cutters in the world!

7 Likes

Plus 1 on the ZM cutters - bought mine after seeing this comparison a while back . Hands down the best I have used .

3 Likes

Same for me

2 Likes